EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > How to port forward
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
How to port forward
Post #5000 How to port forward
Find Your Router’s IP Address

To change or tweak the features in your wireless router, you are required to use a special configuration utility that can only be accessed by typing the router’s IP address into your Web browser (like Internet Explorer). If you don’t know what your router’s IP address is, try one of the three methods listed below:

a. Consult Your Manual

Most user guides, manuals, or instructions that come with a router indicate what IP address should be used. If you don’t have these documents or if they don’t mention anything about IP addresses, try one of the other methods.

b. Try a Common Address

The first thing you should try is one of the common, default IP addresses used by many routers:

c. Look in Windows

You can determine your IP address by looking inside Windows. This requires you to be connected to your wireless network. Follow these steps to look up the address:
1. Double-click the wireless icon located in the lower-right corner of Windows. The wireless connection status window opens.
2. Click the Support tab.
3. View the Default Gateway value. This is the IP address of your router.

Set a Static IP for Your Router If Necessary

When you are setting up your wireless router, contact your Internet provider and ask them if they require a static, unchanging IP address. If so, you will have to enter it into your router before you can connect to the Internet. If you aren’t required to use a static IP address, make sure your router is using a feature known as DHCP. Fortunately, most routers have this turned on by default.

Follow these steps to set up a static IP address:

1. Log in to your wireless router's configuration utility, as follows:

a. Make sure you are connected to your wireless network.Test this by hovering your mouse pointer over the wireless icon located in the lower-right corner of Windows. A message should indicate your connected status.
b. Open a Web browser like Internet Explorer. If your router is not connected to the Internet, your browser will not find a valid Web page. Instead, it displays an error message that says something like "Page cannot be displayed" or "Page not found".
c. In your Web browser’s address window (the place where you usually type the name of a website you want to visit), type your router’s IP address then press the Enter key. Do not type http:// or www. Instead, only type the number for your IP address.
d. A login box appears. If you created a username and password when you initially set up your router, type them into the login box. If you didn’t create a username or password, look for the default ones listed in your wireless router’s instructions or manuals.

Now that you have access to your router just find the port section and type the port's in and allow them.
Wow that was easy wasn't it.
Another way to do this also is by finding a program called pfconfig.
Well hope this guide helps.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5004 Re: How to port forward

Great work, danny, but I think that you forgot about something . hmmm ;p. I wanted to write such a guide, but you are first :P

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5005 Re: How to port forward

I will post a better 1 later it was kind of crappy i know. I was doing a quick 1.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5017 Re: How to port forward

Can someone please help. I've port forwarded a modem like last week and everything was working then I got a modem with a wifi router combined in it. Here's the details of my problem:

I checked and 192.168.1.64 is what came up when I did the run thing.

I believe that I am forwarding the ports to that IP, but no luck? If someone wouldn't mind taking a look at http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/default.htm that shows the guide I followed at PortForward.com. It shows the instructions and has images that accompany them so you can see exactly what I did.

Does that guide Port Forward the ports to 192.168.1.64? Because this is similarly how I did it for my old modem and it worked. Again help appreciated and thank you so much already Sordie.

Edit: I also downloaded PortForward.com's Port checking tool and it checks 192.168.1.64 and it says that Port 8078 is open.

So does anyone know what's wrong?

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5019 Re: How to port forward

This guide works for all router's wifi or not it dosent matter. depending on the make just change ip address.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5020 Re: How to port forward

I know that. And i've basically followed this and i've done it before, but what my post above is saying is I don't know why it's not working this time..

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5024 Re: How to port forward

If this isn't working for you than try a program called pfconfig i will try to post it on here later for download.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5025 Re: How to port forward

Is it free?

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5031 Re: How to port forward

I will give the serial number along with it when i post it ok.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5044 Re: How to port forward

pfconfig isn't free. If you post a serial number here then you will be banned.

https://eoserv.net/forum/rules

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5050 Re: How to port forward

Well i don't want to get banned so sry guys i guess i can not do it.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5052 Re: How to port forward

Danny can you email it to me? Email a link with the serial at my email? If so it's MoneyX@RocketMail.com

Thanks

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5053 Re: How to port forward

I found other app to forward router. Freeware, and i think its better: "Simple Port Forwarding by PcWinTech.com". ;P

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5055 Re: How to port forward

Nice app. It works and did the same exact thing I did.. I guess there's just something wrong with my modem or comp.

Still won't work.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5058 Re: How to port forward

ok here is my problem, ive checked my ip and ive set it up with no-ip and when i put my server info into the endless online config it works on my computer no problem but other people cant connect, do i have to edit something in my config.ini or what do ye think the problem is? im using a huawei broadband modem. Hope ye can help

15 years, 1 week ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > How to port forward