EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Fast Account Enable
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Fast Account Enable
Post #204590 Fast Account Enable

Does anyone know how to enable fast account creation of a server to make use of Sordie's addon? that would help alot thanks!

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204592 Re: Fast Account Enable

The reason fast account creation doesn't work is because EOSERV now enforces packet sequences and will disconnect game clients that send packets with sequence violations. Fast account creation will always send an invalid packet sequence.

There's no getting around that problem, so your options are:

-Throw together a cheap hack to allow packet sequence violations for account creations
-Disable packet sequence protection (Not recommended)
-Don't support fast account creation and tell people to disable that particular addon

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204593 Re: Fast Account Enable

Thanks for the input Cirras, much appreciated. Just one more question why do you not recommend turning off the packet control?

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204596 Re: Fast Account Enable

Packet sequence protection is meant to validate that the game client is genuine, along with the packets it is sending.

Disabling it allows for trivially-easy packet replay trickery with tools like WPE. Stuff like spamming chat, spamming item usages, absurdly fast autoclicking, etc. It also allows for most bots to work on your server, only bots with the sequence handling implemented will work on current EOSERV.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204598 Re: Fast Account Enable

Account create timers, if they even exist, should be disabled server side. Sequencing is not a time stamp check, it is a method of detecting bots by validating a less than easy to spoof key. You can have fast account create and sequence enforcement together.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204603 Re: Fast Account Enable

Then how can I have both? I suck at programming, does anyone know how to do this?... Thanks for you help guys

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204604 Re: Fast Account Enable

It appears account create does not contain a server-side enforcement other than packet enforcement. If you speed up account create to about 1 second you should be fine. I am not sure how any 3rd party hacking tools handle this or if they can be configured, but I have tested this with a custom built client to ensure that it can be done.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204605 Re: Fast Account Enable

Does anyone know how to enable fast account creating without disabling packet control? Thanks

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204606 Re: Fast Account Enable

The question you mean is if someone has a client hack or add-on that circumvents the packet delay when creating an account. The server has nothing to do with this.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204607 Re: Fast Account Enable
Apollo posted: (10th Dec 2018, 10:37 am)

Account create timers, if they even exist, should be disabled server side. Sequencing is not a time stamp check, it is a method of detecting bots by validating a less than easy to spoof key. You can have fast account create and sequence enforcement together.

I must disagree with your point that "You can have fast account create and sequence enforcement together," given the fact that the client appears to only send the correct packet sequence after the account-create loading bar has completed, as noted here.

To my knowledge, no existing fast account creation client hack sends the proper sequence. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204609 Re: Fast Account Enable

So you will need Ollydbg and carefully edit the 192 second loading down to 1, maybe 2 to be safe. In theory, it should work.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204615 Re: Fast Account Enable

The server will still reject accounts created too fast. This will only work when the account creation time is cut by half or SLIGHTLY under, or else it will almost always fail.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204620 Re: Fast Account Enable
Cirras posted: (10th Dec 2018, 08:26 am)

Packet sequence protection is meant to validate that the game client is genuine, along with the packets it is sending.

Disabling it allows for trivially-easy packet replay trickery with tools like WPE. Stuff like spamming chat, spamming item usages, absurdly fast autoclicking, etc. It also allows for most bots to work on your server, only bots with the sequence handling implemented will work on current EOSERV.

can anyone even use wpe these days? I couldnt find a 64 bit version and the 32 bit one only ran on 32 bit OS's
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204623 Re: Fast Account Enable
Hacker_Alex posted: (12th Dec 2018, 06:03 pm)

Cirras posted: (10th Dec 2018, 08:26 am)

can anyone even use wpe these days? I couldnt find a 64 bit version and the 32 bit one only ran on 32 bit OS's

Works fine for me on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4fyll9efn3ul26/WPE+Pro.zip

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
5 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #204624 Re: Fast Account Enable

What the hell does a packet sniffer have to do with a hard-coded client limitation. The send and receive packet data is known. Just confirmed from Sausage there is no account timer enforcement. He did say there was packet enforcement in place that would kick the client at the 3rd account create in one second. The clone server does include the account loading enforcement and thus should not be used as a test. As I said, this is going to require editing the client carefully. This is not a sequence issue, a server timer issue, and definitely nothing to do with sniffing packets. I have suggested you use Ollydbg to find and edit the client executable. If anyone has experience using Ollydbg and wants to take a shot at it then go for it. That is basically your only real solution.

5 years, 19 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Fast Account Enable