EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Account creation packet deviation
Page: << 1 >>
Account creation packet deviation
Post #199023 Account creation packet deviation

The PACKET_ACCOUNT,PACKET_CREATE seems to be different from any other after init packets .The client always sends 4 bytes before the first letter of the username.These four bytes don't contain the server packet sequence unlike other packets . the last byte of these four is always 255 .No matter how the sequence is in the byte range or the short range it always sends 4 bytes.

In older eoserv revisions the server always sent a sequence of 68(byte range) and one byte was removed before executing any packet which is the sequence that server sent.
In case of account creation packet one byte was removed before execution and 3 bytes were removed after execution, there was no problem because the username was read completely.

In newer revisions the server sends random sequence in the short or byte range . if the sequence was in the short range, 2 bytes will be removed before execution then 3 bytes will be removed after execution here's where the problem occur , the first letter of the username will be removed or if the sequence check is on , the server will disconnect the client due to invalid sequence

Was this intended or forgotten.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199024 Re: Account creation packet deviation

That is only an issue if you are using a non-official client. If you are sending the wrong sequence the server will terminate the client's connection. The sequence must be as the server expects each time.

8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199025 Re: Account creation packet deviation
Apollo posted: (12th Dec 2015, 02:40 pm)

That is only an issue if you are using a non-official client. If you are sending the wrong sequence the server will terminate the client's connection. The sequence must be as the server expects each time.

I m using an official client with latest  rev it still sends a wrong seq at the account creation.

Edit: actually this is an issue if u are using the original client.

nice try apollo
---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199026 Re: Account creation packet deviation

I have never had an issue while using the official client with sequencing enabled. Are you using a vanilla r508 build? Sequence bytes are roughly over a year since added. If you are using a modified build I would strongly suggest testing against aa clean build. Also, make sure there are no underlying client mods going on such as a hex-edited client, EO addons, or other miscellaneous things that might possibly circumvent the proper method of account creation as it would normally occur.

8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199027 Re: Account creation packet deviation

nvm i just got the issue solved

---
and live for.
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199028 Re: Account creation packet deviation

What was the problem?

8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199030 Re: Account creation packet deviation

I used tools to speed the loading bar while creating an account.
It seems the client will  send the real sequence only when the loading bar is over.

---
and live for.
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199031 Re: Account creation packet deviation
Apollo posted: (12th Dec 2015, 06:20 pm)

I have never had an issue while using the official client with sequencing enabled. Are you using a vanilla r508 build? Sequence bytes are roughly over a year since added. If you are using a modified build I would strongly suggest testing against aa clean build. Also, make sure there are no underlying client mods going on such as a hex-edited client, EO addons, or other miscellaneous things that might possibly circumvent the proper method of account creation as it 

All current EO.Addons will not affect sequence bytes in any way. I Do have an addon for packet injection but it does perfectly adjust all other packet sequence bytes to work with both EOServ (private servers) and GameServer(main)

Edit: EOPacketInject.eaf Has zero legitimate use other than EO.Addon based bots and for that reason will not be public.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199032 Re: Account creation packet deviation

Sorry Sordie, I can't rule out EO Addons as a probable cause due to the community's failure to keep up to date versions. I have seen problems with it in the past so generally if there are issues with official clients it falls under non-current hackware. Anyway, good to know you have noted that and made current your Addons. Probably needs some sort of sticky link somewhere with current features and fixes. 

8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199033 Re: Account creation packet deviation

EOSERV currently seems to do some hinky stuff with sequence checking in conjunction with commonly used "convenience" hacks. I ended up throwing down a relatively hacky fix on BU to ensure this behavior wouldn't occur whether a hack was being used or not.

Handling of that particular packet could probably use a solid once-over by Sausage on the official build.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199034 Re: Account creation packet deviation

You probably should turn off sequence enforcement completely then and write your own integrity checks. Not sure why account creation is such a big deal. Takes around 2 minutes to make an account. Unless you are an account spamming, name hording bot, I wouldn't break that check.

8 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #199035 Re: Account creation packet deviation

I don't care terribly about how *pretty* my fix is on the backend. If it's user-intuitive, my job is done.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 19 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Account creation packet deviation