Page: << 1 >>
hello
Post #204059 hello

wanted to download EO on apple help profaner

6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204061 Re: hello

you probably shouldn't have posted that here, since this is the forum for EOSERV, you should have gone to forum.eoserv.net
but since you already posted here i'd suggest you to download Wine and run EO through Wine.. there's tons of tutorials on how to.

---
#yolomoto
6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204063 Re: hello

Emulating windows is also an option if you're going to be using other windows apps. but if its just EO i second Wine, Wineskin Specifically. (Thats what I use.)

---
- Starley
6 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #204073 Re: hello

I have downloaded Wine but when I open EO it appear a black screen of EO and nothing happens after.

6 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #204074 Re: hello

Did you try configuring fullscreen mode off in the config.ini file?
I'm assuming you've run Endless.exe file like this:

---
#yolomoto
6 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #204075 Re: hello

I did it like that but it shows a black screen when I open it

6 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #204076 Re: hello
Rashed posted: (28th Feb 2018, 09:54 pm)

I did it like that but it shows a black screen when I open it

"Most important thing is you'll want a very recent in-development version of WINE (e.g. 1.9 or a 2.0 version), not a current stable release. Look for a wine-development package in your package manager instead of the default wine package, or some other way of obtaining an in-development version of WINE.

Other thing is you'll need to do is disable fullscreen in the EO config file. Also make sure the BlockTransfer setting is off and Pageflipping is on.

Finally, if you're using MESA (as opposed to the nvidia closed source driver), you'll want to disable hardware acceleration or the game will crash when you hover over things. Run with the environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE set to 1. Depending how you're launching the game, it should be as simple as changing the launch command to "LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 wine endless.exe".

Finally finally, if you're on a multi-monitor setup, EO won't render unless it's located entirely inside of the bounds of your primary monitor.

Also if you want to run EO.Addons: Open the Wine Configuration tool, go to the libraries tab, and add an override for "msimg32". It should get added to the list as "msimg32 (native, builtin)" 

from https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23879

sadly, sordie's website is no longer available so the guide that was available on her site is no longer there.

---
stay tuned.
6 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>