EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux
Page: << 1 >>
Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux
Post #202248 Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux

I have crossover and wine installed but not having luck getting endless online to work for either of them. I'm not comfortable with Linux at all and would really appreciate some help.

I'm running cinnamon by the way if that makes any difference. 

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202249 Re: Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux
https://sordie.co.uk/guides/wine_guide_by_despoina.php

This worked for me on mac, not too sure about linux though. Worth a try.

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202252 Re: Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux

Most important thing is you'll want a very recent in-development version of WINE (e.g. 1.9 or a 2.0 version), not a current stable release. Look for a wine-development package in your package manager instead of the default wine package, or some other way of obtaining an in-development version of WINE.

Other thing is you'll need to do is disable fullscreen in the EO config file. Also make sure the BlockTransfer setting is off and Pageflipping is on.

Finally, if you're using MESA (as opposed to the nvidia closed source driver), you'll want to disable hardware acceleration or the game will crash when you hover over things. Run with the environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE set to 1. Depending how you're launching the game, it should be as simple as changing the launch command to "LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 wine endless.exe".

Finally finally, if you're on a multi-monitor setup, EO won't render unless it's located entirely inside of the bounds of your primary monitor.

Also if you want to run EO.Addons: Open the Wine Configuration tool, go to the libraries tab, and add an override for "msimg32". It should get added to the list as "msimg32 (native, builtin)"

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202253 Re: Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux

I've noticed this too, on windows. That if your EOClient isn't in your primary monitor's bounds it doesn't render. It seems very strange but eh. 

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Using crossover or wine for Endless Online on Linux