EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Limitations/Restrictions
Page: << 1 2 >>
Client Limitations/Restrictions
Post #203653 Re: Client Limitations/Restrictions

Are you saying EO only looks for a single packet for each data file?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203654 Re: Client Limitations/Restrictions
Hacker_Alex posted: (4th Oct 2017, 09:10 pm)

Are you saying EO only looks for a single packet for each data file?

That's correct. The client is incapable of accepting the pub files (or any other sort of data) in chunks.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Post #203655 Re: Client Limitations/Restrictions
insomniac Thanks for the info/links. I'll try to get around to messing with this soon I hope! I'll look into the hardcoded helmets/hats sooner for you to.

Apollo Thanks for the info about the helmets/hats. I found the area with all the hardcoded values for them, but have not tested ANYTHING yet. I'm not too sure what to think about the 64k limit. According to Cirras it sounds like it won't be an issue (up to a point) regarding adding extra bitmap resources. (Assuming the hardcoded egf value is found.)

Cirras Very good to know, thanks for confirming that!

Hacker_Alex I'd think that may be possible to, but I'm not AT ALL sure regarding those types of issues/limitations. I'll definitely look into it either way!

I'm going to get around to releasing a couple of fixes soon hopefully, but I'm still working on making sure this bow limit is 100% dealt with first. I was finally able to get the sound effects working properly now, so I just have to make sure there is no side effects with the way I did things. (I think it needs to be improved a bit. =d)

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
6 years, 26 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client Limitations/Restrictions