EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations
Page: << 1 2 >>
Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations
Post #203625 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations

Fun fact: Good Wings are the only back gear that is correct for all animation frames (at least they appear correct). Not sure how this would be a benefit without a custom patching tool that would assign back gear status to the user's choice.

6 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #203626 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations
Cirras I can 99.9% assure you this limit is done with. I created a new arrows item with the gfx id 500/icon 21 and it worked properly. Unless there is some other code checking for a max/total amount of wings/arrows (which is VERY unlikely), then all is good.

insomniac Haha thanks, very glad to have this annoying limit solved.
I wasn't aware of an egf file name/id limit. Could you be more specific with what you mean? Do you mean a maximum amount of bitmap resources that can be used per gfx file? I'm pretty unsure with what you mean, sorry. I'll definitely look into it if you can give me more info about it.

Apollo I didn't know that, thanks for sharing. =d

If anyone wants to share ANY known limitations within the client, I'd love to hear. I'm sure there is many I'm not aware of, and it would definitely help me to help you!
I'll make a new topic for known/unknown client limits.
---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
6 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #203628 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations

I am pretty sure that the client only loads  gfx in the egf file upto 9999

Edit: Yes sorry, I mean a maximum amount of bitmap resources that can be used per gfx file.

6 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #203631 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I'll look into it later, but it sounds like it could be tricky to find. =d

---
6 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #203637 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations
shayne posted: (30th Sep 2017, 07:55 am)

Cirras I can 99.9% assure you this limit is done with. I created a new arrows item with the gfx id 500/icon 21 and it worked properly. Unless there is some other code checking for a max/total amount of wings/arrows (which is VERY unlikely), then all is good.

Wow, that's fantastic! Excited to see that released.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #203639 Re: Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations
Cirras
Thanks, I'm glad to! I'll try to get around to releasing it soon, although I am busy with work and other things.
I'll likely let you use these privately/early for BU. Only because you're a nice person and have helped here a lot/been around a long time. I'll discuss in pms with you sometime soon. :)
---
6 years, 29 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Shields/Wings Graphics Limitations