EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Post #201375 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
elevations posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:13 am)

MatthewS posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:10 am)

elevations posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:02 am)

MatthewS posted: (9th Nov 2016, 01:48 am)

elevations posted: (9th Nov 2016, 01:45 am)

EOSource main clone is a new EO clone that i've started up that contains the EO database that andrewbob stole from vult-r's vps and the same database that sausage started with when he put up his main clone.

Its 100% safe to connect try using your old eo accounts to login when the original eo went down last year.

P.S (i already have all the passwords from the database so i recommend changing your password if that's what your worried about.)

Currently we have successful transferred over items, banks, and paperdolls, guilds, and peoples accounts and passwords

We got all quests working so far and more to be added soon Enjoy :D

you have the accounts from old main(like when *spam* was active? or the new main that was up a while ago?

I have already stated that, it is the same database sausages EO clone used when it first started up.

The database vult-r put up during 2011 and went down because vps got hacked into. The database backup we are using is at the point when it was shutdown during 2015 and at around the same time when this post was made:

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23265

I just dont understand then xD, cause I just tried with the user and pass I had for old main way back in the day and it didnt work.

Some passwords will need to be manually reset due to corruption if you login and pm me i can reset it for you.

if I could log in I wouldnt need you to reset it xD
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201376 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
MatthewS posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:14 am)

EOSource main clone is a new EO clone that i've started up that contains the EO database that andrewbob stole from vult-r's vps and the same database that sausage started with when he put up his main clone.

Its 100% safe to connect try using your old eo accounts to login when the original eo went down last year.

P.S (i already have all the passwords from the database so i recommend changing your password if that's what your worried about.)

Currently we have successful transferred over items, banks, and paperdolls, guilds, and peoples accounts and passwords

you have the accounts from old main(like when *spam* was active? or the new main that was up a while ago?

I have already stated that, it is the same database sausages EO clone used when it first started up.

The database vult-r put up during 2011 and went down because vps got hacked into. The database backup we are using is at the point when it was shutdown during 2015 and at around the same time when this post was made:

I just dont understand then xD, cause I just tried with the user and pass I had for old main way back in the day and it didnt work.

Some passwords will need to be manually reset due to corruption if you login and pm me i can reset it for you.

I think he means login using a new account, but don't do it! if you login, he gets your IP address. Tell him account reset..... oh he already has your IP. Maybe by logging in an alt and PMing him, verifies you're the IP who tried to log in using a specific account name which he will reset the password for.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201377 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Hacker_Alex posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:13 am)

elevations has the new database not the super old one. vult wiped once didnt he because of "there were too many duplication records to fix the db" ahh the hula hula mask days.

so much for "item duplciation is not possible, do not trust players who say they can " xD

To be honest he could've wiped items but not levels.. I wouldnt have quit if he didnt wipe all the levels.

oh okay. Yes I am from super old. I started back when titles were given
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201378 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

oh thats cool. I think I watched my bro play eo when eo was that new

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201379 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
MatthewS posted: (9th Nov 2016, 02:14 am)

Or PM me your character names or account name on eoserv and ill reset the password for you
---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201417 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

lol if it had the old old database I probably would of logged in. mmm them 3 accounts maxed with gold and cooks and unlore turtles.

---
Mradio / Grantorino
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201418 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

It for sure has the old database at the moment that qwiddle took it.

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201420 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

why tho? theres already a successful clone server. seems redundant

---
Tire me.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201421 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

I am not even sure if "clone" is even the proper term here. There is quite a difference between the actual EO server and both Sausage's modified EOSERV code and Elevation's EOSource (could be Hallow's idfk anymore). For historic preservation I think Sausage did pretty well recovering the database all but quests because the official format differs a bit from EOSERV's format. I did a bit of research post Clone launch to determine the gibberish main does with quests, but by then the Clone server had been live for some time thus the data was reset. As far as game mechanics, there are some vast differences in terms of formulas, NPC movements, and various other minor detail features that the average player may or may not notice.

If anything, servers using the classic EO database will only further exposure of account passwords considering how many people actually have copies of the database. A better idea would actually launch a perfect clone using a clean wipe database, not that anyone would play it.  

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201423 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Apollo posted: (12th Nov 2016, 10:13 pm)

I am not even sure if "clone" is even the proper term here. There is quite a difference between the actual EO server and both Sausage's modified EOSERV code and Elevation's EOSource (could be Hallow's idfk anymore). For historic preservation I think Sausage did pretty well recovering the database all but quests because the official format differs a bit from EOSERV's format. I did a bit of research post Clone launch to determine the gibberish main does with quests, but by then the Clone server had been live for some time thus the data was reset. As far as game mechanics, there are some vast differences in terms of formulas, NPC movements, and various other minor detail features that the average player may or may not notice.

If anything, servers using the classic EO database will only further exposure of account passwords considering how many people actually have copies of the database. A better idea would actually launch a perfect clone using a clean wipe database, not that anyone would play it.  

After talking with Ele he feels like he could take it in a much better direction then Sausage has.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201424 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
arglon posted: (12th Nov 2016, 11:22 pm)

After talking with Ele he feels like he could take it in a much better direction then Sausage has.

What direction? A clone is an unaltered duplicate. Adding or changing things makes it something else entirely. Unless you meant he is going to ban you from the start because you probably are sitting on hundreds of account passwords.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201426 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Apollo posted: (13th Nov 2016, 12:23 am)

arglon posted: (12th Nov 2016, 11:22 pm)

What direction? A clone is an unaltered duplicate. Adding or changing things makes it something else entirely. Unless you meant he is going to ban you from the start because you probably are sitting on hundreds of account passwords.

I think he was talking about taking off where vult-r left off.  Sausage tried his best but honestly hasn't done much(in certain peoples opinions)with the community over the time he has had it..I guess Ele thinks he can do something better.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201427 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

I don't think Sausage necessarily does enough update wise, but when he does it's well thought out and doesn't seriously impact the game. I think that's what you really have to look at. It still feels like old fashion EO. I fear that if people begin to switch over to this new eosource server, more changes will take place on it that will ultimately kill the feel of EO, and drain the already dwindling player count from Sausage's clone server. I really think to keep this commubity alive we shouldn't try to divide it any more than it already is.

Plus I mean it's a year rollback lol. That's a year of progress thrown in the trash just to have some updates that might be cool for a couple days.

I'm not one to tell someone to not try something but personally I think it's a bad idea.

---
Tire me.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201428 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?
Mouse posted: (13th Nov 2016, 02:15 am)

I don't think Sausage necessarily does enough update wise, but when he does it's well thought out and doesn't seriously impact the game. I think that's what you really have to look at. It still feels like old fashion EO. I fear that if people begin to switch over to this new eosource server, more changes will take place on it that will ultimately kill the feel of EO, and drain the already dwindling player count from Sausage's clone server. I really think to keep this commubity alive we shouldn't try to divide it any more than it already is.

Plus I mean it's a year rollback lol. That's a year of progress thrown in the trash just to have some updates that might be cool for a couple days.

I'm not one to tell someone to not try something but personally I think it's a bad idea.

A year's progress in who's eyes? the poor kids that thought spending real money and paypal dollars $$$ on a private server called Sausages "EO main clone" was a good idea? just because you sold your eo accounts for dough doesn't mean anything, Dividing the community are you kidding me? the community is already divided and got its head so far up its own asshole its unbelievable at times. I believe i can make a better clone and plus i've always wanted my own clone i have my own plans and changes for EO and i don't intend to make anything too silly or anything that doesn't make sense, its not going to include custom content at this stage but it has already vastly improved a lot already compared to the current main clone, You can judge all you want talk all the shit you want, No one gave sausages the almighty right to be the one and only ever "Perfect EO clone" with a stolen compromised database that i might add is only "fair" in the right hands of the so called "EO saints" that can't possibly do anything wrong in this community and would rather jack off to their perfect coding skills that are so c00l and everyone else is an unintelligent idiot in their eyes. Those days are over, if anything this clone just gives sausage and sordie more of an incentive to work harder for you guys precious little #1 eo clone that once again, no one else is allowed to make their own version huh? No one gave you the holy right to run the remaining EO community you douches so don't act like its your property when clearly everything on this website and everything it entails is hardly your property and just a rip off from the game we all love and play Endless Online.

Edit - It hasn't even been a week hosting my eo main clone and you guys already have a topic about it on eoserv and so much to say about it, oh well free advertisement for me, too bad no one seems to give a fuck long as the thread is pandering to the "i hate elevations" cult on this forum then the mods are happy to keep these things going.
---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201429 Re: so what's the eosource eomain clone?

Dude i wasn't talking shit, I just feel like that's how the majority of players who play Sausage's server would feel about it. By all means if you think you can do it better then go for it. You should re-read my post and maybe apologize for lashing out at me, I didn't mean any offense.

And a year's progress meaning over the past year of Sausage's server being up a lot has happened. New players have joined, people have traded accounts and sold shit, people have gotten devil drops, turtles, events have taken place.. Basically for someone to join your server, Ele, they'd need to throw away their past year's accomplishments, and ultimately I think that is what will turn people off.

---
Tire me.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > so what's the eosource eomain clone?