EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Endless Online main server hacked
Page: << 1 2 >>
Endless Online main server hacked
Post #197082 Endless Online main server hacked

Hi everyone,

Today the official Endless Online main server was hacked, and the details of over 50,000 accounts created between March 2011 and August 2015 (today) stolen. All information was leaked including account names, plain-text passwords, full names, locations, e-mail addresses, ip addresses and associated character and guild information. In-game chat logs recorded on the server during an unknown time period may also have been taken.

As always, never use the same password on any two services. If you think you may have used the same password on Endless Online as any other website, especially your e-mail account, change your passwords immediately.

Update: Vult-r has posted an official message here: http://endless-online.com/

The server was compromised. By hackers? no: Basically the hosting company BUYVM.NET gave the account and server to a complete stranger claiming it with a GMAIL account. How silly is that? :) EO database was destroyed, and EO probably will be down for a while, you can contact this idiot here: <email removed>
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197083 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

Sausage. Just go ahead and buy main. You have the knowledge and shit to run it. I'm pretty sure you can hack it too, even though I don't approve of it. XD

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197085 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

But the passwords are encrypted in the DB? Or is this because they can be decrypted?

---
wut
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197087 Re: Endless Online main server hacked
itsandrew posted: (1st Aug 2015, 12:02 am)

But the passwords are encrypted in the DB? Or is this because they can be decrypted?

They're extremely weakly encrypted, not that it matters since everything needed to decrypt them is present on the server.
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197088 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

Good thing I just use random emails and names to fill in the sections.... Not like they were ever even required to be accurate. As for my IP, could care less about that.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197089 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

ty sausage. 

8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197093 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

A big thanks Sausage

8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197094 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

With this information, I bet Vult-r wouldn't even consider putting the server back online. How can you hack something, then expect nothing will happen if you don't even have the smallest respect for peoples' privacy. If it really was an accident, I hope you've learned that hosting a server isn't all that simple, and you should think twice before you are put in that kind of position.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197096 Re: Endless Online main server hacked
Hacker_Alex posted: (1st Aug 2015, 02:04 pm)

With this information, I bet Vult-r wouldn't even consider putting the server back online. How can you hack something, then expect nothing will happen if you don't even have the smallest respect for peoples' privacy. If it really was an accident, I hope you've learned that hosting a server isn't all that simple, and you should think twice before you are put in that kind of position.

How can anyone on here say that, none of us know what Vult thinks. As for you saying that hosting is hard? You're talking about the person who has let his game rot for the last 5 years+, The hardest part he has is checking it once a month.

I'd like to see EO up again, but hopefully he sorts out a little better ddos protection^^

8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197097 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

eo is gone for good, qwiddle called the vps and had it shut down.

bye bye eo

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197098 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

Damn man. That's crazy as hell. I'll miss eo (main). I guess one of the privates servers has to take its place as the main eo. Also Moonie, I left you an offer in your inbox.

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197105 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

If I knew people actually liked main without all the botting and proxies I'd put a remake up again, but seriously, not many people would play it without trying to cheat xd

8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197108 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

Goodbye EO, forever.

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197140 Re: Endless Online main server hacked
Hacker_Alex posted: (1st Aug 2015, 02:04 pm)

On endless-online.com he made it seem like he was more pissed at frantech. I wouldn't be surprised it he put it back up.
---
Tire me.
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197149 Re: Endless Online main server hacked

Before the official EO disappears for good lets make sure we have a copy of this for future.

EDIT: Oops didn't notice Sausage updated the OP to include this. Sozzels.

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Endless Online main server hacked