EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Sanctum/Remake
Post #202532 Re: Sanctum/Remake

I really like the route he is taking so far as well!

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202535 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Wildsurvival posted: (14th Feb 2017, 07:24 am)

NOTICE

Looking for pixel artist, email me at achoate@capital.edu

UPDATE

I have gained a lot more motivation and some better ideas for this. I am thinking about just scrapping all the graphics and looking for a pixel artist to work with me on this project to create similar graphics.

Currently, I have started a user system and how I will be handling characters and data.

Current Features

Register

Character Creation

Character Deletion

- Side notes: Supports customization with json data files for homes, classes, etc.

Data Tools

Sanctum.DataEdit currently supports full editing of item data. Also provides for easy updating of the program just by adding properties to the Item class.

Hey is the GUI able to conform to different aspect ratios and screen resolution??? The EO client right now is squared and is stretched when put to fullscreen, which does not look good. But I noticed like games such as maplestory (somewhat pixel based game) is able to to change its GUI depending on what aspect ratio it has and zooms itself to what screen resolution there is. then again there is the problem that the person with a wider screen is able to see much more of the map than those who do not......  and keeping the square screen keeps the EO feel.

I play eo windowed as it is somewhat of an 'idle type game'. Kill pigs ---> wait for hp regen --> talk to people ---> get bored --> watch some youtube ---> kill some goats

so a squared window works just as fine

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202536 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Pasta posted: (21st Feb 2017, 03:21 pm)

Wildsurvival posted: (14th Feb 2017, 07:24 am)

NOTICE

Looking for pixel artist, email me at achoate@capital.edu

UPDATE

I have gained a lot more motivation and some better ideas for this. I am thinking about just scrapping all the graphics and looking for a pixel artist to work with me on this project to create similar graphics.

Currently, I have started a user system and how I will be handling characters and data.

Current Features

Register

Character Creation

Character Deletion

- Side notes: Supports customization with json data files for homes, classes, etc.

Data Tools

Sanctum.DataEdit currently supports full editing of item data. Also provides for easy updating of the program just by adding properties to the Item class.

Hey is the GUI able to conform to different aspect ratios and screen resolution??? The EO client right now is squared and is stretched when put to fullscreen, which does not look good. But I noticed like games such as maplestory (somewhat pixel based game) is able to to change its GUI depending on what aspect ratio it has and zooms itself to what screen resolution there is. then again there is the problem that the person with a wider screen is able to much more of the map than tho who don't and keeping the square screen keeps the EO feel.

The screen itself stays square no matter the resolution. It is a fixed pixel size, but because this is all built in the browser, it can easily be changed if I see more people wanting something like that. 

Also, the reason I am not going to use the original EO graphics is because it will end up being harder in the short and long term. The graphics were designed horribly and redesigning them is honestly a lot easier and also it doesn't limit how the graphics can go. 

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202537 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Shilo posted: (21st Feb 2017, 11:26 am)

@Acemasta

Respectfully, I disagree. I like the route Wildsurvival is taking with the graphics. Even if they aren't the final graphics, they are simple and clean. Ontop of that, if he uses the EO graphics, he is bounded to the design pattern of that. So the route he is taking now, he is free to make the UI to his specifications, with no limitations.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he shouldn't use custom gfx. I'm simply saying that using the original gfx as a filler would help to continue the project without having to wait for a pixel artist to create custom gfx. I'm all for the custom gfx. That's a great direction to go. Original gfx is horrid.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202547 Re: Sanctum/Remake

I'm assuming you're looking to change every graphic on EO. What about the maps? Do you plan to keep the EO world alive or do you plan to create your own?

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202554 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Nurd posted: (22nd Feb 2017, 08:14 pm)

I'm assuming you're looking to change every graphic on EO. What about the maps? Do you plan to keep the EO world alive or do you plan to create your own?

Everything is going to be based off of EO loosely, I don't know what direction I will be going with the actual content yet until I get an engine running
---

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202959 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Great work so far :)

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #203048 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Progress has slowed down a little because I have been busy with class and final projects and stuff but I will resume soon.

---

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203049 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Great to here an update! We are all looking forward to it.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203874 Re: Sanctum/Remake

This project is kind of outdated but I have been working on this again lately for my school's Open-source Club.

https://github.com/CapitalOSC/Sanctum

This is only server-side so far. It is using JSON serialization that way, if I decide to use the web client, it will easily translate them into objects without any code.

---

6 years, 23 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake