EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Sanctum/Remake
Post #202453 Re: Sanctum/Remake

NOTICE

Looking for pixel artist, email me at achoate@capital.edu

UPDATE

I have gained a lot more motivation and some better ideas for this. I am thinking about just scrapping all the graphics and looking for a pixel artist to work with me on this project to create similar graphics.

Currently, I have started a user system and how I will be handling characters and data.

Current Features

Register

Character Creation

Character Deletion

- Side notes: Supports customization with json data files for homes, classes, etc.

Data Tools

Sanctum.DataEdit currently supports full editing of item data. Also provides for easy updating of the program just by adding properties to the Item class.

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202454 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Fuck that GUI is sexy! Good luck on the project, can't wait to see more updates :)

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202504 Re: Sanctum/Remake

This project is lookin' good wild ;)

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202506 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Honestly, I'd like to keep the community going, so I'd be willing to make some pixels for you whenever I have time..can't fully commit though. If you have a specific theme and some ideas, pm me and I'll get to it in between classes. 

---
The good times are killing me.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202507 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Dude, youre making gokd progress. Keep up the good work. 

@Zack: Instead of pixeling for one person thats well known, would it be hard to pixel for someone who's actually trying to get something started off the ground with dedication. That'll help keep the community going far more than helping a person who's most likely good.

Back ontopic: i like the log in. Looks cool as hell. Take your time.

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202508 Re: Sanctum/Remake

I'm so hyped to see further progress. 

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202509 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Evildark posted: (18th Feb 2017, 01:46 pm)

@Zack: Instead of pixeling for one person thats well known, would it be hard to pixel for someone who's actually trying to get something started off the ground with dedication. That'll help keep the community going far more than helping a person who's most likely good.

Well I'd rather invest my time into a project that's being built by someone who's experienced and one that is more likely to come to fruition. Over the years, especially early in EOSERV's development, many servers were made and most had a life expectancy of a few weeks to a month. And many even had multiple people coordinating with each other.

I don't know wildsurvival's intentions exactly as he's been on and off with his projects for a few years. In this case, it's about the same as other earlier servers. What I'd like to see is something like EORemake.

---
The good times are killing me.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202510 Re: Sanctum/Remake
Zack posted: (19th Feb 2017, 01:07 am)

Well I'd rather invest my time into a project that's being built by someone who's experienced and one that is more likely to come to fruition. Over the years, especially early in EOSERV's development, many servers were made and most had a life expectancy of a few weeks to a month. And many even had multiple people coordinating with each other.

I don't know wildsurvival's intentions exactly as he's been on and off with his projects for a few years. In this case, it's about the same as other earlier servers. What I'd like to see is something like EORemake.

Most of the projects die or get forgotten.  I've lost faith in actually seeing one of these projects actually getting to the point where their some-what playable. Most of wild's projects seem to be temporary or move at a slow pace, give it 5 years or so then it might be playable:)  Or their will be remake #2 who knows.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202511 Re: Sanctum/Remake
perfect posted: (19th Feb 2017, 04:57 am)

Zack posted: (19th Feb 2017, 01:07 am)

Most of the projects die or get forgotten.  I've lost faith in actually seeing one of these projects actually getting to the point where their some-what playable. Most of wild's projects seem to be temporary or move at a slow pace, give it 5 years or so then it might be playable:)  Or their will be remake #2 who knows.

This seems to be moving at a more brisk pace though. Ethan's client is still in the works, so is Darren's, so we have hope there. Though I don't think Darren's is for public use.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202514 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Wow beautiful! Hope everything goes well for you.

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202519 Re: Sanctum/Remake

I definitely have more motivation for this project than I have had on most others, the main part is finding a pixel artist for me to continue at this pace. Thank you guys for still supporting the project, I know initial progress was slow.

---

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202523 Re: Sanctum/Remake

Keep up the great work!

I am really eager to try the finished project. I am especially excited for it being open source and can't wait to get my hands dirty with it.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202524 Re: Sanctum/Remake

UPDATE

Currently loads inventories from database and organizes them into a grid that is able to be moved around

---

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202529 Re: Sanctum/Remake

If I were you, I'd continue to simply use original EO graphics until you could find a dedicated pixel artist for the sake of working on the project. Mostly because if you wait for a decent amount of custom gfx to use instead, it'd take months before you would be able to continue working.

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202530 Re: Sanctum/Remake

@Acemasta

Respectfully, I disagree. I like the route Wildsurvival is taking with the graphics. Even if they aren't the final graphics, they are simple and clean. Ontop of that, if he uses the EO graphics, he is bounded to the design pattern of that. So the route he is taking now, he is free to make the UI to his specifications, with no limitations.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Sanctum/Remake