EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Editing limits
Page: << 1 >>
Editing limits
Post #196456 Editing limits

I was wondering what you would need to do to edit the max gold limit, level exp requirements, and bank capacity without breaking anything.

8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196457 Re: Editing limits

You can do this by editing the config files, which are located in /config/.

8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196458 Re: Editing limits

What is the max gold limit and max bank limit?

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196459 Re: Editing limits
weedindeed posted: (25th May 2015, 07:12 pm)

The max gold/bank limit by default is 2,000,000,000.
8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196460 Re: Editing limits
colbymsn posted: (25th May 2015, 07:12 pm)

You can do this by editing the config files, which are located in /config/.

wait, isn't this limit client sided?
---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196461 Re: Editing limits
colbymsn posted: (25th May 2015, 07:14 pm)

weedindeed posted: (25th May 2015, 07:12 pm)

The max gold/bank limit by default is 2,000,000,000.

i want to increase the limit past 2 billion. I need to know how to do that without breaking anything.
8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196462 Re: Editing limits

@weedindeed It is client sided, but I'm pretty sure you can't surpass anything past 2,000,000,000 without causing problems.

@tomford I'm not really sure why you would need anything past that amount, but it's not really possible as far as I know without a custom client. The only way I can see this being a problem is if your server isn't balanced right, so I guess the only way to get around this is debuffing the drop rate/exp of the item/enemy you're currently trying to surpass.

8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196463 Re: Editing limits

You really shouldn't go beyond 2.1 billion ever without implementation of a built ground up client that will support it and restructuring the packet system in eoserv. I believe Sausage added clamps to prevent items going into negatives, but meeting those byte limits would eventually scam uber rich players out of gold. When considering this, it is a really good idea to keep money earned and spent pretty low when starting your server. 

8 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #196464 Re: Editing limits

It might be possible to increase the gold limit to 4 billion with some heavy editing of the code (changing all displays and calculations involving items to unsigned), but going any higher would require significant data structure re-organization and not be worth the effort at all. Modifying the source of a custom EO client clone is the only really feasible way to do that.

It's a much better idea to just control inflation on your server. You might also consider the idea of putting in an item that buys/sells for 1 billion gold.

8 years, 49 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Editing limits