EOSERV Forum > Programming > Kalandra II (Edited, check my last post)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >>
Kalandra II (Edited, check my last post)
Post #153012 Kalandra II (Edited, check my last post)

This is the official topic for Kalandra II

(as it was offtopic in the original thread)

What it is.

Kalandra II will be a new MMO based on a collection of ideas and code from past projects.

It will have it's own server and client software. It will NOT be based on or use any part of EndlessOnline.

I have 4 months to get it to a fully playable beta state then development will have to seriously slow down. (Sorry)

It will be fully customizable and the server software will be available to people to run their own private servers.

Status

A good part of the server code is already written (read: recovered from an abandoned project) including an encrypted and signed packet system, full scripting engine and SQLite3 based database  so main focus right now is on the actual game engine. I'm still open to suggestions as long as they aren't "2.5D".

Feel free to post any ideas, things you like to see etc in this thread.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153014 Re: Kalandra II

Awesome! Cant wait. 

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153015 Re: Kalandra II

Yay new mmorpg :D

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153017 Re: Kalandra II

Possible multi-view, kind of like warcraft where you can view any part of the map that was already discovered.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153021 Re: Kalandra II

I know it isn't eo but I'm assuming you still pick up items on it when im saying this. Make it where it sends the pickup item packet on the client no matter how far you are away from the object and let the server handle the part that checks if your close enough to it. That way people could add cool new ways to pickup stuff with spells and such as well. Eo always annoyed me with the distance check being client and server-side. @_@

Edit: Oh and the same with dropping items. :3

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153023 Re: Kalandra II
Ryouken posted: (19th Jul 2012, 04:53 pm)

I know it isn't eo but I'm assuming you still pick up items on it when im saying this. Make it where it sends the pickup item packet on the client no matter how far you are away from the object and let the server handle the part that checks if your close enough to it. That way people could add cool new ways to pickup stuff with spells and such as well. Eo always annoyed me with the distance check being client and server-side. @_@

Orb pickup spell from Runescape =D
---
Former multi-server mapper.
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153026 Re: Kalandra II

Exactly ;D

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153027 Re: Kalandra II

The main highlight for any MMORPG for me is a guild system + a guild competition system so you can battle to be the best community within your community :) - throwing a very abstract idea out there xD

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153028 Re: Kalandra II

will it be an open source, both the client and the server?

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153029 Re: Kalandra II

Oh yes, every game needs a guild system. Endless online never really used their guild system to it's full potential. :3

11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153033 Re: Kalandra II

Will all these ideas it could turn into a very popular game!

I'd like to see weather changes and When you turn your weapon doesn't switch hands lol

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153053 Re: Kalandra II

Weather changes is a good one. Perhaps a day and night system of some sort, but that wouldn't be very good for international players.

Also, it would be lovely if you could select text with your mouse. Nothing worse than writing out a bunch of stuff, then backspacing it all to fix a typo in the second word..

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153055 Re: Kalandra II

Exciting:O

---
" Too much English, NOT ENOUGH CAPS! " - Wildsurvival
" Never let the fear of striking out get in your way" - Babe Ruth
Join the new EO Forum! - www.endless-forum.boards.net
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153057 Re: Kalandra II

Yeah when you made a typo while in a grammar arguement it took ages to type lol, Also i'd like to see it based off class levels and not character levels. So you can train up different classes!

Monsters to have elemental weakness aswel :3

---
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #153059 Re: Kalandra II
error posted: (19th Jul 2012, 05:00 pm)

will it be an open source, both the client and the server?

I'm still thinking about that. If the source is released it will be released under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
11 years, 42 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Programming > Kalandra II (Edited, check my last post)