EOSERV Forum > Seose > Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help
Post #86212 Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

I have recently made a seose server. I could not find a seose map editor/maker so i downloaded the eoserv one from this site... I was wondering if it will work on my seose server. I made a map and it works but will npc/monsters/music and all that work with it? If not where can i get a seose map editor :D ty

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86213 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

You can use that. there is no diferences on maps. Same maps, same pub files they use both server. Even if you make a seose server, with same maps and pubs you can move to eoserv later.

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86214 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

ok thank you!

I have another question..I made a map but there are goats on it and its a beach map lol.

How can i delete and add monsters to spawn on a map?

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86215 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

you can do that with eomap editor. I dont know what version you are using to create maps but try THIS

That editor got everything. Read the first page very carefully, i am sure you will not have more questions about creating maps after that. And you welcome. :)

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86216 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

Ok. It says to place in my EO folder but when i do it wants to replace the GFX and PUB folders... what should i do

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86217 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help
Knicknack posted: (2nd Jul 2011 12:22 am)

Ok. It says to place in my EO folder but when i do it wants to replace the GFX and PUB folders... what should i do

No need to place map editor inside eo folder. Just copy your gfxs and pubs from eo folder and paste them inside the eomap editor. There must be a folder inside that say gfx (paste gfx files in there) and another one that says pub (paste pub files in there)
12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86218 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

K did that but when i try to open the eomap an error pops up saying.

liballegro-4.9.15 dll was not found..

so the download was missing a file i guess

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86219 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

Nope they must be all in there. There is a folder inside called dlls, open it and all missing dlls are in there. just copy what you need and paste it on same folder where the map editor is. I think that will do the job.

Edit: Sorry now i found something in there. there is a readme.txt file. read it what it says for missing dlls etc. It says to run Eomap dll register.exe  sorry that i didnt see that before. try it

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86220 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

tried it nothing was fixed still same error... idk

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86229 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

This one should work.

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86235 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help
Knicknack posted: (2nd Jul 2011 01:44 am)

tried it nothing was fixed still same error... idk

Weird because it worked for me. Before i paste dlls i had same error like you. I tried some min before. Just copy all dlls from dll folder and paste them inside eomap editor folder. On same location with eomap 0.3.5. r8 exe. Be sure you paste all pubs from your server inside pub folder on map editor and all gfx's from your client inside gfx folder on map editor. If this still cant make it work then try that desmond suggested you. I hope you you will find a working editor for you.
12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86237 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

You shouldn't use the editor modified by Deathx anymore. Sausage has released an editor that has most of the features Deathx's editor had and many bugfixes. It's linked in Addison's post.

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86241 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help
kenobi13 posted: (2nd Jul 2011 07:48 am)

You shouldn't use the editor modified by Deathx anymore. Sausage has released an editor that has most of the features Deathx's editor had and many bugfixes. It's linked in Addison's post.

Oh i didnt know that. Thanks for making it clear. I never had problems with map editor so i didnt need to search or look for other version of that. I hope Knicknack got the solution he was looking. I am gonna test that too.
12 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #86273 Re: Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help

I download the one desmond suggested.
I put my gfx in and when i open a map i get an error.

Invalid file/ failed read/seek C:\Users\blah\deskop\00001 -- 224

Edit:

Lets just go from here. I am currently using eomap2 and it is working perfect for making maps except for 1 problem. When i click the "map" drop down menu the only option selectable is Properties... all the others are grayed out and not selectable (clear, resize, nps, chests) and when i do click properties and try to select type of map and music the menu wont drop down. But the most important thing to me is getting Npcs to work.

Thank You!!! sorry for all the questions and struggle.

12 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > Can I use eoserv map editor for an seose server? Help