EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eo Map Editor 0.3.5 - Release 8
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >>
Eo Map Editor 0.3.5 - Release 8
Post #49811 Eo Map Editor 0.3.5 - Release 8

This is a version of Sausages map editor which i have done some additions to.

Note: If getting a error stating missing any of the following files: a4_font.bmp, cursor.bmp, palfoot.bmp, palhead.bmp, or gfx026.egf you most likely didnt extract "everything" from the zip file as these files are kept in the gfx folder for the sake ofkeepingeverythingtidy.

No credits to Bart since he doesn't want to respect atleast being acknowledged. Take it up with Elevations not me. ;) Nah actually the Map Names & Signs were based roughly around his, but he doesn't seem to want credit for it anyways.

Latest Additions

• Tab's(Tiles, Objects, Walls) remember their scroll position. (Added in Release 1)
  • Prompted if you would like to save before closing. (Added in Release 1)
  • All graphics showing now, before the amount to load was cut short by 1 on every tab. (Added in Release 1)
  • Unknown tiles split into individual bmp's instead of 1. (Added in Release 2)
  • Corrected so every wall shows as a choice ;). (Added in Release 3)
  • Map properties editable :). (Added in Release 3)
  • Map properties relog x, y options enabled (Added in Release 4) 
  • A few small stability fixes (Added in Release 4)
  • Map npc spawns (Added in Release 5)
  • Map chest spawns (Added in Release 5)
  • More informative error messages (Example: npc graphic errors display the npc id that it errored on loading) (Added in Release 6)
  • Graphic loading amount's configurable such as Tiles, Objects, Walls, Etc. (Added in Release 6)
  • Fixed chest removal (Added in Release 6)
  • Added Music, Music Extra, and Ambient Sound properties (Added in Release 6)
  • Fixed displaying of npc id when placing a spawn. (Added in Re-Release 6)
  • Revamped chest editing (Added in Release 7)
  • Shadow editing (Added in Release 7)
  • Sign editing (Added in Release 7)
  • House cleaning (New spec graphics + specs are in their own gfx file instead of cluttered) (Added in Release 7)
  • Shadow alignment fix (Added in Release 8)
  • Map name editing (You set the name on creation of a new map but can also edit the name in the properties menu) (Added in Release 8)
  • Few extra lil fixes (Added in Release 8)

About Npc Spawns

• Type - Npc's speed read further notes at the bottom of the topic for more info.
  • Time - Time in between each spawn in seconds.
  • Count - Quantity of npc's to spawn.

About Chest Spawns
  • Key - Key id of a key set up in the item pub to be required when using the chest.
  • Slot - The slot which the item is to be spawned in. When placing more then one on the same slot they should alternate if the spawn timing is setup properly. This value should stay between 0 and 3.
  • Item ID - The id number of a item in the item pub to be spawned in the chest. Note: If this value is set to 0 it will create a regular empty chest.
  • Time - Time in between each spawning of the item in the chest.
  • Amount - The quantity of the item to spawn.

If you right click a tile on the palette it sets the base tile id :P.

Download

All downloads are currently lost although heres a mirror of the latest and most stable 0.3.5 R8.

Note: Must be placed in eo client folder or eo client gfx folder needs to be placed with the map editor! Also note that it may take a few moments when first clicking a tab but it shouldn't every time after that during your session using eomap. Sometimes it may bebesttoclickthetabsandletthemloadbefore proceeding with using the map editor. I have just found that to be the best way to keep it stable the entire time of usage.

Help by FrostFyr is greatly appreciated for his calculations for aligning the npc's on the map.

Information on bugs and issues below:

Don't use compressed gfx file or you'll get an error such as tile 21/1 error meaning in the graphics file gfx021.egf on bmp 1 can't be read and for 21/255 errors this means some were in your pub file there is an error with the npc graphic id being 255 probably the npc shaman go fix it and yourdone!:)

Here is a some more stuff about the npc dialog

Npc Spawn Type:
12 is the npc not moving

Npc Spawn Time:
The direction that the npc is facing(Mostly used for not moving npcs)

0 = direction down

1 = direction left

2 = direction up

3 = direction right

Credits to Elevations and old forum topics for that extra bit of info.

Credits to exile-studios@live.com - http://exile-studios.com/.

---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49812 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Nice release, found no bugs so far, it works well! Nice and user friendly also. Thanks for the release.

13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49813 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Tested. And works like a charm.

As always great work. ;)

13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49820 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

This is really, nice! you should add your chest editor right into this add it as a option or something.

13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49824 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

:P Maybe eventually, but I'm still getting the hang of win32 stuff in c++ which is what makes the windows such as the map properties. My intentions are to complete it meaning get all the settings Rena's editor can edit that this one lacks editable. Also i gotta get shadow editing done. Just working on stuff little by little ;).

---
13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49827 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

The editor is just like Sausages, But has a warning thing to save ( I like that )

What you should try and do is make the mapeditor load the (downwall/rightwall)'s

Those you can only view in Renas map editor. And when I try and map, the tiles only partly show.

13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49831 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Problem for me, "Failed to load tile: 3/1" any ideas on how to fix, im using Windows XP/ the GFX files are in the right place.

Edit: it seems to be from my current GFX files..no idea why though, but using the original EO ones ignores  the error

13 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #49840 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

One thing i suggest, is can you make it so that each "Unknown" Tile in the special tab have their own photo in the folder? because i have tile based fishing/mining/harvesting and so on, and i wish to change the unknown picture. But i can't because it would change them all. Know what i mean?

And another thing. If you notice but all the walls from the GFX don't show in the wall editer. Think you could fix that?

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49841 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

I get what you mean by the unknowns i may take it into consideration and change it up. Also i do believe it is loading every wall if i set the max index to load any higher its gonna mess up :P.

Max Id to load for every gfx. gfx 1 starting on the left and gfx 25 ending on the right.

const int num_tiles[25] =    { 0, 0, 0, 724, 539, 42, 1065, 48, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };

Ok, i did what ya wanted done with the unknowns. :P Just re-download it i already updated the link. :)

---
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49844 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Thanks for the unknowns, but what i mean is if you look in the graphic file for walls, the walls from the new swamp bale,aqua, susan quest caves arent in there. like those green walls.

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49845 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

I'll have a look at it a bit more tomorrow ;).

---
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49847 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Here is a suggestion for the Unknowns:

If you use a tilespec such as "harvesting", go to the "specs" folder and edit the bitmap where name == tilespec value +".bmp" exists use your edited one instead. Everyone will be different with what id they use what tilespec for. This way, every user can customize the way they see fit.

13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49848 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0
Apollo posted: (26th Sep 2010 02:36 am)

Here is a suggestion for the Unknowns:

If you use a tilespec such as "harvesting", go to the "specs" folder and edit the bitmap where name == tilespec value +".bmp" exists use your edited one instead. Everyone will be different with what id they use what tilespec for. This way, every user can customize the way they seefit.

The unknowns were using one bitmap before i updated it so it was split into multiple bitmaps so they could be able to replace the unknowns with their custom ones ;).
---
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49906 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

Spoiler: Next version is gonna be sick, finally finds all the wall tiles correctly. :D

Though i still havn't downloaded it, i will on Thursday :p

13 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #49916 Re: Eo Map Editor 3.0

It's released now :P you can find it in the first post ;).

---
13 years, 33 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Eo Map Editor 0.3.5 - Release 8