EOSERV Forum > Seose > SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM
Post #5124 SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

hi i have a seose server and ppl keep hacking it like last night there were like 45 fake accounts nad gm;'s were getting hacked etc, and the night b4 this guy got through every last ban, mute, jail, etc and he isnt an admin or gm

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5128 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

Lol, sounds bad. He might have changed his IP to get passed the ban.

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5134 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

Hmm. Characters are stored in files, is there a possibility you host has been compromised?

Banning isn't implemented yet, as of release 8 anyways. It will just kick the user you're trying to ban. I'd just get the IP of the user and use a third party firewall such as peerguardian if you already have it. You're internet security suite may also be able to block connections to and from thatIP on all ports.

Edit: Also, chances are they are just going to delete their characters and recreate them if you jail them.

Edit: <Sordie> There is no way Seose can give admin to a "rogue" packet =D
<Sordie> If someone is getting admin it's because they have rw access to the accounts folder

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5138 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

There is absolutely no way any packet sent from a client could give you admin access to Seose. It simply doesn't work that way. The ONLY way anyone can become an admin is if the account file is edited.

EDIT: Scott said:

Edit: <Sordie> There is no way Seose can give admin to a "rogue" packet =D
<Sordie> If someone is getting admin it's because they have rw access to the accounts folder

=D He took this from my eohax IRC chat and it's true. There really is no way that a user can get admin access from packets to the client.

there is no code that writes the admin status in Seose. if something is writing Admin=XXX it's not Seose

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5144 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

he got acess to ALL the accounts tho, it was fucked admins couldnt login so they made new accounts and saw there account logged in and in use,

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5146 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM
southwind posted: (3rd May 2009 04:24 am)

he got acess to ALL the accounts tho, it was fucked admins couldnt login so they made new accounts and saw there account logged in and in use,

The only possible way for this to my knowledge is he/she has either remote or physical access to your machine. Are you sure your machine is not compromised? Are you running some sort of FTP/SSH/Telnet/HTTP or some other sort of server that could possibly be giving him/her access?
15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5147 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

im running zone alarm pro+nod32 antivirus

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5152 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM
southwind posted: (3rd May 2009 05:45 am)

im running zone alarm pro+nod32 antivirus

That's not a good idea at all! You shouldn't run more than one anti-virus software. ZA-Pro has AV built in.
15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5165 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

Do you use I.P. masking? If you don't, you should. And scan your Computer (recent downloads mostly) for Trojans and spy ware. And if you want do a server wipe. If you have an idea of who's doing it look for their I.P. and ban it.

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5173 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

zone alarm pro has firewall and ANTI SPYWARE no antivirus thats security suit,

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5235 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

I'm sorry, ZoneAlarm has changed their packages. You should probably run an anti-virus scan and check your security on ZoneAlarm then.

15 years, 1 week ago
Post #5239 Re: SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM

iv switched to outpost firewall pro 2009, much better, also i dont have to restart my pc very time i restart the seose server just throwing that out there for zone alarm users

15 years, 1 week ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > SEOSE HACKER PROBLEM