EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EDE - Eo Data Editor
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
EDE - Eo Data Editor
Post #48532 EDE - Eo Data Editor
Original topic can be found here which may have recent updates depending on the time in which you view this.

I made this program a little while back when i was figuring out how simple the eo encryption really is. It can edit the eo client's data files which contain valuable information for the client as can be seen by reading further.

Eo Data File's Descriptions
dat003.edf - Cuss Filter (Ex. arse, anus, asshole, ass hole, assface, ass face)
dat004.edf - Jukebox Songs (Ex. Endless theme, Drinking song, Wild Dance, Sand song, Graveyard)
dat005.edf - Status Messages 1 English Language (Ex. Server busy, Wrong name, Password too obvious, Login refused)
dat006.edf - Status Messages 2 English Language (Ex. Exit game and go back to menu, Who is online ?, Invalid input, try use: '!<name> <text>')
dat007.edf - Status Messages 1 Alt Language (Ex. Server bezet, Fout in naam)
dat008.edf - Status Messages 2 Alt Language (Ex. Spel verlaten en terug naar menu, Wie is er online?, Verkeerde invoer, probeer: '!<naam> <text>')
dat009.edf - Status Messages 1 Alt Language (Ex. Servern upptagen, Fel Namn)
dat010.edf - Status Messages 2 Alt Language (Ex. St�nga av spelet och g� tillbaka till menyn, Vem �r inloggad?)
dat011.edf - Status Messages 1 Alt Language (Ex. Servidor ocupado, Nome errado)
dat012.edf - Status Messages 2 Alt Language (Ex. Sair do jogo e voltar ao menu, Comando invalido, tente: '!<nome> <texto>')

EDE Screenshot

EDE Features
-Drag & Drop edf file to encrypted textbox
-Fail safe in the form of having your work saved.
-Can make new .edf file
-Can open, edit, & save .edf files

Downloads
Binary Download
Source Download

Enjoy!
~Exile~

-Edit: Fixed links, sorry!

I would also like to mention the source was created using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate in Visual Basic .NET so you will most likely want the Visual Basic .NET 2010 Express Edition to fiddle with the source.
---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48533 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Ooh. Epic release. but one thing. Your site must be down because the download isn't working. I tried just the site without the download and it didn't work either.

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48534 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

!! Broken link !!

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48535 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Fixed the links sorry about that.

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48536 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Well, it's simple, it works. Good job =p

Mind you the only word I can see that doesn't decrypt properly at a glance is 'will' but it's no real problem.

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48537 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

I've noticed that as well although i couldn't find any true error because when i corrected it then re-saved it and opened it again it was fine so its clearly not a flaw in one of my methods its just how the data files are saved by default.

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48538 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Vult-r was never flawless xD

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48540 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

I started to edit some of the data, and i encoded it, and saved it, and now my client crashes everytime i log in

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48542 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor
AustinB posted: (6th Sep 2010 03:07 pm)

I started to edit some of the data, and i encoded it, and saved it, and now my client crashes everytime i log in

You'll probably find there's a limit to the amount of text input. Oh and for the record, you should backup your files lol.

Try using the same amount of text, so in essence just changing whats already said to suit your server.

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48548 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Yeah I'm finding out its not as flawless as i previously thought :P I'm proceeding to look further into these issues I'm finding and i will do updates if necessary.

I believe i have fixed them :P. The links are already updated ;).

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48712 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Renas poub editor (Erliest release) also opens and edits data files, that can make them corrupt though and this doesnt =D

13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48720 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

Thanks, i hope it's helpful and gets put to good use. If any flaws are found you can contact me on windows live at exile-studios@live.com or post a reply on this topic because I'll be poking in and outta here on occasion. Also i might think about implementing this into the pub editor I've already started to make. So far the pub editor can deal with EIF's but i haven't had the time to continue it lately but maybe I'll make it top priority if people are looking for a easier to use pub editor. Here's a screenshot of it.

---
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48725 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

The pub editor looks great. If you get a version up and running I can help you with some of the things Rena has missed :P

13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48739 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

This is nice, can't wait for the Pub editor release. Big update compared to Rena's. What program language you making this in?

13 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #48741 Re: EDE - Eo Data Editor

It looks as though it's a visual basic job (: I could be wrong. :P

EDIT: Ahh yeahh i was right :P look at his post - if you wanted to know, i only knew because of the icon xD! I played around with VB Not too long ago so (:

Deathx posted: 

I would also like to mention the source was created using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate in Visual Basic .NET so you will most likely want the Visual Basic .NET 2010 Express Edition to fiddle with the source.

---
If money doesn't grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?
13 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EDE - Eo Data Editor