EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > MySQL Problem
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
MySQL Problem
Post #4891 MySQL Problem

Okay so people on here helped me to port forward and everything was going great.

Now I recently got a new modem and am now trying to Port Forward yet again. But everytime I try to start MySQL I get the "time out while trying to connect" error then I try again and it's the "can't connect to localhost" error.

I've even tried opening all ports just to see if that would work and no luck. Any ideas?

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #4893 Re: MySQL Problem

Make sure your eoserv config is set the same with mySQL if it is and it's still saying localhost error then do the following.

Uninstall mySQL from computer.

Then just install it again like you normally would.

---
Endless-Online Version 18
Original Madmat
15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #4906 Re: MySQL Problem

Okay thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled and after a few "Retry's" it worked.

But now yet another problem lol.

I can connect to localhost, but now no one else can again. I forwarded the 8078 Port the same way I did the 3306 so if the MySQL can connect shouldn't others now be able to since I did them the same way if one works, both should?

Here's some details that might help. The new modem I had set up (the one mentioned in first post that's why I had to redo all of this) is a Modem and Wifi Router combined.

So to change port settings and all that I go to gateway.2wire.net

I can connect with 127.0.0.1 and I get a private address 192.168.1.64 which I can also connect with.

I can't however connect with my current IP (it changes) 67.64.147.117 or endlessrpg.webhop.org which is a dyndns.com thing that forwards to my IP.

Any ideas? Everytime I run into something someone on these forums find a way to fix it so thanks in advance.

Edit: Should others be able to connect with the Private IP 192.168.1.64? (Nevermind, a friend of mine tried and it didn't work.) So still no luck and any help will be appreciated.

And btw 192.168.1.64 is the Private IP I get at gateway.2wire.net and it says that's where eoserv/mysql is hosted (the port forwarding of these app's). And the public of course is my dynamic IP. But when I do "ipconfig" in cmd I get 192.168.1.64 as my IP. So I have no clue on what to do next to fix it.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #4964 Re: MySQL Problem

the prefix 192.168 refers to computers on your network connected via router. Every once in a while there is a modem that will need ports opened on it, but most of the time there is no need to configure port forwarding within the modem. You generally need to configure port forwarding within your router. Generally you can do this by going to 192.168.1.1 from your web browser, however this differs by router model. Also, you should configure a host link such as no-ip to redirect to your ip address. If you still have problems with mysql then consider using sqlite as an alternative and port forward EOSERV1 port 8078 on your router. Good luck :)

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #4999 Re: MySQL Problem

Well to configure mine I go to gateway.2wire.net. It's a new modem, but on my old one I did use to go to 192.168.0.1 or something.

Anyways I think i'm configuring the right stuff, but it still doesn't work. The new modem is a modem and wifi router combined. So when I go to gateway.2wire.net I forwarded ports 3306 and 8078. The MySQL worked so 3306 worked and I checked with PortForward.com's Port Checker and it says 8078 on 192.168.1.64 is open, but others still can't connect.

Oh and sorry the problem isn't with MySQL anymore. It's with others not being able to connect. And I have endlessrpg.webhop.org which forwards to my IP.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5061 Re: MySQL Problem

As I said before, the prefix 192.168 refers to computers located on your network. Any IP beginning with that is a PC connected to your router. Try directing your Web browser to a site like www.ipchicken.com. It sounds like the combo modem/router may be giving you a bit of a problem. Try referring to online documentation about how to find your correct IP using that device. Remember, IP 127.0.0.1 is your PC, 192.168.X.X are your networked PC's. you should never get an IP with those number sequences. Might I ask what the model # and the manufacturer of the modem/router is? It may be easier to get you up and running this way.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Post #5075 Re: MySQL Problem

It's a 2Wire 2100 HG-B

And that's what I meant. I've done this before now it's just giving me problems with this new modem.

I give people the endlessrpg.webhop.org aka 66.141.169.93 or w/e it may be at the time to connect, but no luck.

15 years, 2 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > MySQL Problem