EOSERV Forum > Artists > New Swords
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
New Swords
Post #46427 New Swords

I'm planning on pixeling 2 new swords soon there's just 3 things I need to know.

1. How many pixels are weapons aload max? #x#?

2. How many different views do I need? Most of the weapons have 17 different views.

3. What angle should the weapon be at for like when your wearing it? If theres a link or something to a picture that I can copy paste to copy the angles and get it looking good for ingame.

Update: Red Sword full view

http://i38.tinypic.com/2elweuw.png

This is my first time pixeling a sword so the angles are going to be extremely hard for me. The ground view doesnt look the greatest but that's the best I could get it. If someone wants to help they can. Just copy the picture and modify it. I would like it to be those same colors.(samecolorsasthe inventory view)

Update: Gold Edged Sword

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z7g3g5.png

I thought this one was a bit easier.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46439 Re: New Swords

[IMAGES REMOVED TO AVOID COPYRIGHT ISSUES]

They will probably help

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46441 Re: New Swords

Yea thanks, I need to know the max pixels a weapon can be.

Ex. 10x10

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46447 Re: New Swords

I dont think there is a limit, just dont make them too big or else it looks stupid.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46448 Re: New Swords

Alright, I'll make the inventory and ground views then post a screenshot of them when I'm done and see what you guys think of them. I'll put the screenshots in the top post.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46451 Re: New Swords
danjakeneal posted: (13th Aug 2010 09:12 pm)

They will probably help

You're going to get a  -1 for that I bet.

Nice work on the sword, I suggest you hurry to add at least 4 frames so this post isn't deleted.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46453 Re: New Swords
xIFearlessIxx posted: (13th Aug 2010 11:23 pm)

They will probably help

Nice work on the sword, I suggest you hurry to add at least 4 frames so this post isn't deleted.

I just made this post today.

Edit: Also my mouse jumps around randomly if I move it slowly so its hard to do the small details. At the moment I'm working on the other sword I plan on putting up. Once I put that up I'll start working on the frames.

Question: How do I make it into a weapon without changing or deleting an old weapon?. What should the icon number be and the gfx ID? I looked in forums and didn't find a guide to making a new weapon without deleting a different weapon.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46477 Re: New Swords
xIFearlessIxx posted: (13th Aug 2010 11:23 pm)

They will probably help

I found them on another topic on this forum so i assumed that it was alright, i took them off now he has them anyway just incase.
13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46479 Re: New Swords

People can see/save them from quote though!

---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46511 Re: New Swords

I have 1 finished. But I'm having troubles with getting the new weapon added to my server. I used renas pub edit>file>open>endless online folder>pub>dat001.eif>data>add, and then modified the files for the new weapons graphics and stats. I put the items Icon number to 484 and the gfx ID to 75. I noticed on the other items that the icon numbers aren't the same as the order number they are in (when your choosing from the list if your going to edit). I didnt update the seose folder's dat001.eif yet. Could that be the reason it doesn't show up on my server? Yes I have eof as my last item, yes I have graphics for equiped view inventory view and ground view.

I'll get a file for it so you can upload. I just need to know how to do that. I'll search forums some more but I'm not having much luck with it.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46735 Re: New Swords

they look good for a beginner, Some constructive criticism; the weapons could do with some shading (Dithering) to make them more '3D' but other than that a very good start :) 

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #46756 Re: New Swords

There is dithering but i noticed that I made the colors WHY to close to the same. If you copy paste the picture (sense idk how to upload) and look at the picture zoomed in by 600%-800% they look alot better. Only thing is, is that they aren't all that close to the same size and some aren't as good in shape.

But like you said for the first weapon I'm satisfied.

13 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > New Swords