EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Law and Marriage[Release]
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Law and Marriage[Release]
Post #44732 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]
Dallas posted: (24th Jul 2010 01:00 am)

The code for Priest.cpp has all these #'s Anyone have a clean one?

Those are meant to be there. i added it with them in there, and it works just fine. Just add it in.
---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
14 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #44734 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Oh ok. Thanks for that. I didnt want to delete like 100 #'s

14 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #44803 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Bart: I have only been married about 3 times on real EO, and that was awhile ago. I don't think EO even checks for rings equipped. I just added an option of that if they wanted it.

Ananas is also correct with the no gold. I have it added now, so you can just look at Ananas's post, or copy/paste law.cpp.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #45107 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Correction on the one that has rings equipped as a requirement.

if (npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]) ||
                                npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring2] ==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"])||
                                npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] ==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"])||
                                npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1]==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]))
                                {
                                    ++npc->marriage->state;
                                }

if (npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]) ||
                                npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring2] ==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"])||
                                npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] ==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"])||
                                npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring2]==util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]))
                                {
                                    ++npc->marriage->state;
                                }

I also had a problem with the priest starting it this was because the fiance had the first letter uppercased and player had all lower case so if anyone else has this problem heres the fix. Also it was setup so it only checked one person on both sides of the if statement.

else if (this->player->character->fiance != partner->name || partner->name != this->player->character->fiance)
                {
                    reply.SetID(PACKET_PRIEST, PACKET_REPLY);
                    reply.AddChar(PRIEST_NO_PREMISSION);
                }

changed to this

else if (util::lowercase(this->player->character->fiance) != partner->name || util::lowercase(partner->fiance) != this->player->character->name)
                {
                    reply.SetID(PACKET_PRIEST, PACKET_REPLY);
                    reply.AddChar(PRIEST_NO_PREMISSION);
                }

Also the wedding music that is used i believe is 37.

~Exile~

---
¨°º¤ø„º°¨ Exile Studios ¨°º„ø¤º°¨
14 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #45108 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]
Addison posted: (24th Jul 2010 09:43 pm)

Bart: I have only been married about 3 times on real EO, and that was awhile ago. I don't think EO even checks for rings equipped. I just added an option of that if they wanted it.

Ananas is also correct with the no gold. I have it added now, so you can just look at Ananas's post, or copy/paste law.cpp.

It checks.
14 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #46024 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

i am getting this from compiling priest.cpp

priest.cpp:52:43: error: 'class NPC' has no member named 'ShowDialog'

and i am new to this stuff, do warnings do anything?
14 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #47358 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Mokles posted: (8th Aug 2010 12:00 pm)

i am getting this from compiling priest.cpp

priest.cpp:52:43: error: 'class NPC' has no member named 'ShowDialog'

and i am new to this stuff, do warnings do anything?

Add this to NPC.cpp

void NPC::ShowDialog(std::string message)

{

PacketBuilder(builder);

builder.SetID(PACKET_NPC, PACKET_PLAYER);

builder.AddByte(255);

builder.AddByte(255);

builder.AddChar(this->index);

builder.AddChar(message.length());

builder.AddString(message);

UTIL_PTR_LIST_FOREACH(this->map->characters, Character, character)

{

if (character->InRange(this))

{

character->player->client->SendBuilder(builder);

}

}

}

14 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #48756 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

got it working but  when i try to get married i get this

No permision

im sorry but i have no permission to complete this wedding

whats this mean ???

lol Opps forgot got about the marriage license guy

works great all working

found 2 bugs

if u leave wedding after u get ring  befor done u keep ring  with out being married

and 2  if 1 puts ring on then takes it off it completes the wedding with out other putting on ring

---------------------------------------

put on ring bug fixed:

---------

case 12: {
if ((npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]) || npc->marriage->partner[0]->paperdoll[Character::Ring2] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]))
&& (npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring1] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"]) || npc->marriage->partner[1]->paperdoll[Character::Ring2] == util::to_int(world->config["WeddingRing"])))
{ ++npc->marriage->state; }
} break; 

----------------------------

this for save char after married if ether dc or seerver crash u get srewed up so this fixes that

-----------

case 15: // Next effect
                        {
                            npc->ShowDialog("Congratulations to the couple!");
                            int effect = util::to_int(util::explode(',', world->config["WeddingEffects"])[2]);
                            for (int i = 0; i < 2; ++i)
                            npc->marriage->partner[i]->Effect(effect);

npc->marriage->partner[0]->partner = npc->marriage->partner[1]->name;
                            npc->marriage->partner[0]->fiance = "";

npc->marriage->partner[1]->partner = npc->marriage->partner[0]->name;
                            npc->marriage->partner[1]->fiance = "";

npc->marriage->partner[0]->Save();
                            npc->marriage->partner[1]->Save();

npc->marriage = 0;
                        }
                        break;

--------------------------------------

14 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #50993 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

I used this in my server and it compiled without a hitch, however it causes my server to randomly crash, could this be an error in the save function? I'm only inquiring this because it causes roll backs when the server crashes like this, and it was fine until i used this code. Yes i followedtheguide, yes i did all the steps, yes i have the right compilers, yes my server runs, yes the marriage system works, but the server crashes randomly.

edit: im also thinking it might have to do with the set partner command, i had been using. But the information is in a string so I don't know for sure. Any help is appreciated.

edit: never mind, i just reversed all of the code out as I decided not to give a shit. All i know is removing this fixed whatever problem I was having, im using rev 184, so I don't recommend using this on rev 184, it literally made my server crash and roll back every 5 minutes or so without reason. I will state this again, I put the code in correctly. I know this because the marriage and law systems worked like they are supposed to. I doubt anyone will bother replying to this anyway, so I don't need to use law or marriage in my server.

---
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will. There is no law
beyond do what thou wilt. 93/93
14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #196230 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Another idea. When you click the ring. Can we teleport to the person we are married to?

That's what another game does. It's a good idea. Try to implement it.

Gan-

9 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196246 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]
Gan posted: (3rd Jan 2015, 01:18 am)

Another idea. When you click the ring. Can we teleport to the person we are married to?

That's what another game does. It's a good idea. Try to implement it.

Gan-

Gan, however this post is more than 4 years old, and most people that replied on this post, never really comment.

The law and marriage was created to EO's standards, however, if you feel like programming the functionality you've stated above, it's something completely different than from what has been released here.

However, if you want to make a hacky functionality, to which you can use a ring to teleport to your partner. The code would have to be programmed in item.cpp.

If in any case you don't want this functionality, or if you're planning to use it. I would reconsider replying on old topics where code has been released.

---
"Pineapples and shit."
9 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196247 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

Addison essentially ripped marriage out of a very old build of my source, and when he released this with a minor cleanup he left the bugs in place. I would suggest having someone very familiar with EOSERV and C++ to assist you in bringing this code up to modern compatibility as well as fixing some of the missing checks that can leave inconsistencies with married/divorced players and locking the map into a forever wedding state.

9 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196248 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]
Apollo posted: (13th Jan 2015, 12:55 am)

Addison essentially ripped marriage out of a very old build of my source, and when he released this with a minor cleanup he left the bugs in place. I would suggest having someone very familiar with EOSERV and C++ to assist you in bringing this code up to modern compatibility as well as fixing some of the missing checks that can leave inconsistencies with married/divorced players and locking the map into a forever wedding state.

You know what Apollo, I'm tired of you claiming to be something you're not. I've never seen you write a single line of code that wasn't shit. You claim Addison ripped this from you and yet I wrote spells before you. As far as I'm concerned you have no place being an Administrator of this forum. Addison was a special guy and as far as I'm concerned, you are not.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DFVzxsEUc
9 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196249 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]
Madao posted: (13th Jan 2015, 08:37 am)

Apollo posted: (13th Jan 2015, 12:55 am)

You know what Apollo, I'm tired of you claiming to be something you're not. I've never seen you write a single line of code that wasn't shit. You claim Addison ripped this from you and yet I wrote spells before you. As far as I'm concerned you have no place being an Administrator of this forum. Addison was a special guy and as far as I'm concerned, you are not.

It's not about who writes eoserv code,matter fact Apollo's knowledge is wide not specialized to one topic ,he has been always there to help people with different stuff .
---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196250 Re: Law and Marriage[Release]

I am not sure you have any clue what you are talking about. I do give Addison credit for the work he has done, however this is something he can certainly attest to being true. I am not sure when you released your spell code, but I am certain that mine was completed shortly after Sausage placed NPC's on the map. Also, the build of Vodka was the first feature complete build of EOSERV released publicly. If you want code releases scroll back to somewhere around the beginning of EOSERV when the community shared work in a civil manner. Also, you may look at the bug tracker as well to note that I actively contribute to the EOSERV project rather than getting pissy that someone didn't feel the need to release codes. Anyway, I don't feel the need to impress a single member of this community with any "linez of codez" in some made up programming contest. 

Found this in a locked topic Madao: https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/9804 . Seems to be your spells release. Judging from the date of the post it looks to be about 1 week between your Spell.cpp release and buggy, full-featured release of Vodka. I don't claim to be anywhere near as brilliant as Sausage, hell Addison probably has me beat these days, but I certainly didn't put spells plus 100 other things into Vodka in that single week interval. Not digging further as I never publicly released code after some kids started taking crap and plugging it into their own builds days later. Honestly, you should be thankful for this project and anyone kind enough to put time and effort into the overall improvement of it.

Edit: After speaking with Addison we determined that most of the work posted here, while derivative of my old source, is of his own manual work. Credits are even given in the original post to Bart and I for gathering the packet data (and probably other things to be honest). Now that said, there were bugs carried over from that source that you should very well be aware of that might break the functionality of weddings or the server entirely. It should also be noted that EOSERV has been highly revised since this code was even compatible (254 revisions ago as of this post to be precise). One thing that I can assure you of is that 4-5 years ago when this post was a relevant topic of discussion is that I, Addison, Bart, Sordie, Rena, and even Sausage made mistakes, but we pointed them out to each other and fixed those mistakes (or at least noted them on the bug tracker in a todo list). If I take the time out of my day to point out that a code any of my peers might be a risky add to your server it isn't for the fun of taunting people I have known for roughly 6 years, but for the sake of those that may also read the post and that may be a person new to the community from just randomly adding incompatible or unreliable code to their project.

9 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Law and Marriage[Release]