EOSERV Forum > Artists > Easy weapon angles {Guide}
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Easy weapon angles {Guide}
Post #39922 Easy weapon angles {Guide}

Hey this is a guide that my friend who is my artist taught me and i've been using this since im not an artist and i had trouble with weapon angles. This guide only works with weapons...so im sorry theirs no easy way for armors.

The guide is for people who have 1 frame of their weapons and has trouble with making the other frames, or is just lazy.

What you will need is Paint.Net, or some other paint related program that has layers, and zoom features. Normal paint will not work.

1. Make 1 frame of the weapon, could be any type of frame but the depending on the angle of the weapon on this frame will determine how easy or hard this will be.

2. After you made your first weapon frame, save it and then have it opened. (Would be smart to copy it incase u mess up. Dont want all that work on the weapon to be useless)

3. Open up ResHack and look for a weapon on their thats already made. Try to look for a weapon around that type. If your weapon is a long sword, look for a already made long sword. etc.

4. Copy it from ResHack, and then go to Edit>Paste in new image. Now you should have your weapon and the already made weapon opened in 2 tabs.

5. On your weapon, Zoom in to like 1600% or maybe more or less depending on how good your vision is i guess.

6. Erase all the black around your weapon, Now your weapon should be in an all white background (White and gray background for Paint.Net)

7. Go to file>Save as>and save it as something different so you dont save over your original weapon file.

8. First...Make sure both tabs are on the same zoom in. Like make sure if your weapon is at 1600% then the other one is to. Now go to Edit>Select all> then go on to the already made weapon tab and then... Edit>Paste as New Layer.

9. Now you should have the already made weapon under your custom weapon. Then Drag your weapon over the already made weapon. Left click is to drag, then Right click is to change the angles.

10. Line it up with the already made weapon, you should see your weapon completely covering the already made weapon.

11. When the weapon is angle'd right, go to the Layer window box and press the middle button "Merge Layer Down"

12. Then save it, and do the same for all the other angles. Then you will have all 17 (i think) Frames and it would only require you to draw the weapon 1 time.

Notes: Only have to erase the background for 1 frame.Like i said before depending on the weapon you made also depends on how hard this will be.

Im sorry if i was a little unclear on a step, if so please just tell me and i will try to explain better. This guide was made with Paint.Net, so i dont know if other programs have these features so i cant make a guide for other programs.

Also i'm sure that i'm allowed to make this topic, even though one of the steps involves taking an weapon that was already made but since you are just using it for an visual angle then i'm sure its allowed.

---
Owner of Endless Online Insanity
Looking for: 2 Artists
Darkrulerjoe
13 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #40049 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

Would i be able to do this with adobe fireworks ?

13 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #40081 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

I dont know, i never used that before. I only tried this with Paint.Net.

---
Darkrulerjoe
13 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #40126 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

It works in paint, photoshop, fireworks(adobe), and paint.net.

13 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #40162 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

Wait so it dont work in GIMP? I'ma see.

EDIT: Well, i've tried but when you re-angle it, it just automatically blurs it out and blends it.

13 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #40223 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

Im gunna attempt it with paint.net..

13 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #40230 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

Yea the quality might not be 100% but the weapon does not look to much different. Its only really noticeable if you actually stare at it for a little bit. I still think its a smart idea if you dont know how to do the other angles or just lazy. 

---
Darkrulerjoe
13 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #40347 Re: Easy weapon angles {Guide}

It looks better if you make weapons frame by frame to be honest..

13 years, 47 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Artists > Easy weapon angles {Guide}