EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Post #34565 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
sephiroth posted: (17th Mar 2010 05:18 pm)

I wonder what happens to my account in here, I have this account (Sephiroth) in here (eoserv.net) and someone else have (sephiroth) on eohax so... I am pretty active here, that sephiroth on eohax 2 posts or something like that... so what you think? Can I keep my account or do I need to makenew!?

Thank you :)

Regards, Miksu

Well, first you would have to check and see if yours or his is older; whichever is older will be able to keep their account, and the other person will be renamed. Posting amount does not matter because a lot of people like to spam useless shit and it's not fair.

I think Sausage will have some way to let you guys change it. But I don't think it should be a 24/7 option because people will change their names a lot and it can be misleading sometimes. And it could be abused.
---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34585 Username Changes?
hotdog posted: (18th Mar 2010 03:35 am)

I wonder what happens to my account in here, I have this account (Sephiroth) in here (eoserv.net) and someone else have (sephiroth) on eohax so... I am pretty active here, that sephiroth on eohax 2 posts or something like that... so what you think? Can I keep my account or do I need tomakenew!?

Regards, Miksu

It will be renamed to Sephiroth[1] or something. Could I request Sausage, to allow username changes? ;]  So if our username is something faggety, we can alter it?

--
If that happened, then either the rest of the posts will be left with the same name, and it will make people confused, or it will cause massive name spam, and will also cause people to be confused of who's the poster.
---

14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34586 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Addison posted: (19th Mar 2010 01:46 am)

I wonder what happens to my account in here, I have this account (Sephiroth) in here (eoserv.net) and someone else have (sephiroth) on eohax so... I am pretty active here, that sephiroth on eohax 2 posts or something like that... so what you think? Can I keep my account or do I need tomakenew!?

Regards, Miksu

Well, first you would have to check and see if yours or his is older; whichever is older will be able to keep their account, and the other person will be renamed. Posting amount does not matter because a lot of people like to spam useless shit and it's not fair.

I think Sausage will have some way to let you guys change it. But I don't think it should be a 24/7 option because people will change their names a lot and it can be misleading sometimes. And it could be abused.

Yea, a good solution for that would be to simply let moderators hold the power to accept username changes, users would have to request a username change etc etc... Sort of like the way guest posting works, lol.
---
Hmm.
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34599 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Addison posted: (19th Mar 2010 01:46 am)

Regards, Miksu

Thank you. so I have to change my name then... Nice.

But thank you Addison for telling me that. :)

---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #34796 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Will this next forum allow posts to be stickied?

---
Hmm.
14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #34800 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Name conflicts won't just be 100% automatic, if it's obvious that you're active and the EOHax's sephiroth isn't their account will be the one renamed.

I don't believe in stickying posts on forums. If you want permanent content that's what the rest of the website is for.

Username changing may or may not be enabled in the new forum. As of right now even there's your username and your display name (if you play Runescape you should know how this works) (it also lets them have pretty colors like Scott :) so there's no technical issues allowing name changes.

14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #34801 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Sausage posted: (23rd Mar 2010 06:00 am)

I don't believe in stickying posts on forums. If you want permanent content that's what the rest of the website is for.

Yea, but stickying content such as tutorials and shit might stop newbs from posting lame questions =P As their eyes usually avert only to the first topic and say "N0 Tutz!, I kn0w ! w!ll P0$t @ Qu3st!0n", But what ever floats your boat I guess.

As for the names, Scotts name is so pweety =o

---
Hmm.
14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #34883 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Note: this is a repost from the eohax forum, however it applies for both thus posted on both. XD
I like the idea of one big forum AGAIN, as this was the way it was previously 'till the eoserv site got big enough that sausage wanted to separate things, however I hope the same reasons for separating them do not arise again.
Also, I do understand I am not longer active with this community, as my life is busy, I am certainly glad things and other people are active.

14 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #40274 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

hey i'd hate sound lame, but i would like to know whats (Eoserv) all about, before i try to join. I know what i'm talking here isnt uppose to be here but 'm a new begginer.

13 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #40276 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Guest posted: (18th Jun 2010 02:43 pm)

hey i'd hate sound lame, but i would like to know whats (Eoserv) all about, before i try to join. I know what i'm talking here isnt uppose to be here but 'm a new begginer.

The development, creation and running of private Endless Online servers and the tools used to do this.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
13 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #43134 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Whens this plan going into action?

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #43345 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

When Sausage decides to get off his lazy butt and does it. Don't be so impatient.

---
i think ur fun to argue with so i want to hold ur hand
13 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #55509 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

im confused.. so.. your gonna merge to different websites together, am i right? :P

How will you do this? You gonna move one website to another? or somthing like that?

13 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #55523 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Look at sausages posts day, this is almost 10 months old topic.

Eoserv.net was going to merge with Eohax.org which is Sausages site too, but I think it will never happen.

---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
13 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #56129 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Why can't you merge it when your not busy? It's been a long time.

13 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)