EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Post #33549 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Hey, I don't know if you've even looked at eohax's forum, but it's not all about EO anymore. It has a pretty great community of people with average IQ and can ask reasonable questions.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33599 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

This may have been already suggested but during the merge i think you should remove the guest posting thing.. It's kinda pure lazyness, but it probably avoids database clutter with the people that wanna just post once then fuck off.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33605 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
gdog159 posted: (3rd Mar 2010 08:41 am)

This may have been already suggested but during the merge i think you should remove the guest posting thing.. It's kinda pure lazyness, but it probably avoids database clutter with the people that wanna just post once then fuck off.

Guest posting is fine. It gets logged into the database just like any other post so it doesn't avoid "database clutter".
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33664 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Great idea, why run a bunch of different forums when you could just run one with different categories? As for the users, it's just posts that makes any reason to transfer them over, if you were to delete them people would get over it. In my opinion, I like dark forum themes, bright ones just make it hard to read some posts.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33674 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Dark ones could also be hard to read. You could make the text white, but that could be too bright in some cases. I like this tan color, which it isn't too "bright"; it's somewhat neutral.

---
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33814 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Addison posted: (4th Mar 2010 09:49 pm)

Dark ones could also be hard to read. You could make the text white, but that could be too bright in some cases. I like this tan color, which it isn't too "bright"; it's somewhat neutral.

Agreed, it seems alot of forums now days use balanced neutral colours for forum schemes. Personally Id love a lime colour lol...
---
Hmm.
14 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #33830 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
hotdog posted: (7th Mar 2010 06:25 am)

Addison posted: (4th Mar 2010 09:49 pm)

Agreed, it seems alot of forums now days use balanced neutral colours for forum schemes. Personally Id love a lime colour lol...

Yea prob some lime-color or something like that. as long as its not too bright or to dark. but anyway, back on topic. I think its a good idea but the question is, what if theres two different people and they have the name, lets say 'yourmom', one has the name here, eoserv.net, and the other hasiton eohax. just a little question you should consider, :)

P.S. i like dark ones with blue topic things like the red eohax, but in blue form. :]

Fixed post --Addison
---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
14 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #33890 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

What he plans to do to fix the same name thing, is to choose the person who has created the account first. I'm not sure what the second account will be named in replacement, but i'm sure it will be able to work out fine.

---
14 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #33897 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Yea probaly, i was just wondering about that! :D

Good luck,

Austin

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
14 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #34211 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Don't worry everyone, this isn't actually going to happen. Sausage never finishes anything.

14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34220 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Lol, how do you know? He may not finish most of what he does, but he could start it. I could see him merging them together and then maybe not improving FORUM, but you never know.

---
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34351 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
demigod posted: (13th Mar 2010 12:06 am)

Don't worry everyone, this isn't actually going to happen. Sausage never finishes anything.

hmmm yea, and you posting this is really contributing to the factor.
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34463 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

I think that Sausage will do it but it will take a while to complete. but i sorta like these forums the way they are..

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34472 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

I wonder what happens to my account in here, I have this account (Sephiroth) in here (eoserv.net) and someone else have (sephiroth) on eohax so... I am pretty active here, that sephiroth on eohax 2 posts or something like that... so what you think? Can I keep my account or do I need to make new!?

Thank you :)

Regards, Miksu

---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #34486 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
sephiroth posted: (17th Mar 2010 05:18 pm)

I wonder what happens to my account in here, I have this account (Sephiroth) in here (eoserv.net) and someone else have (sephiroth) on eohax so... I am pretty active here, that sephiroth on eohax 2 posts or something like that... so what you think? Can I keep my account or do I need to makenew!?

Thank you :)

Regards, Miksu

It will be renamed to Sephiroth[1] or something. Could I request Sausage, to allow username changes? ;]  So if our username is something faggety, we can alter it?

---
Hmm.
14 years, 4 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)