EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Post #33421 Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

A lot of you here won't get a chance to read this if I don't post it here.

http://forum.eohax.org/topic/1949#post10804

If you don't have an account there feel free to reply here.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33425 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

hope it works out good.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33432 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Please Unblock My Ip from EOhax...

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33434 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

I have the account 'Sirkaper' on eohax forums, but my account named sirkaper on here was deleted. What happens to that?

Also, if you want to delete it, add that accounts post-count to this one please, since you're merging forums. :P

You should keep the same theme you have on the other forum, but make the red parts, blue.

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33457 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Seems to me like you're setting yourself up for a lot of frustration. I understand why you'd want to do this, but eohax and eoserv are completely different. I guess you could work it out thou. Anyways, good luck with all this.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33474 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Awsome, no more switching back and forth between forums to see lastest news, thats the great thing. anyways i belive you should change the theme, more of an bright inspirational color, a theme that shows anyone is welcome and the possibility are endless, if possible.

The forum2 updates will really help us all i believe. anyways i hope everything for eosev.net and eohax.org turns out for the best.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33481 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

But not just anyone is welcome. Only smart people are.

I personally think it is an excellent idea, but I only have one question.

My accounts on both forums are equally active, as I log into them at the same time, and I log out at the same time. So what happens there? Do the post counts get added together and I have a massive post total (which would be epic and awesome). Or are you just going to delete the one here, and leave the EOHax account alone?

Either way, it doesnt really matter, but thats just something I was curious about. And I agree with Sirkaper about a blue-ish theme. I like how eoserv.net is layed out, but the eohax color scheme is good as well. So Im not sure which would go better with your theme.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33495 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

I think what you should do with the merging accounts thing is something like this: Query through the database and looking for similar names and then see if there the same person, if so move on; if it's not, then contact them in someway(maybe through a global topic on both forums so they see) and see if they want to change names. If neither want to change names, you get to pick or something.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33518 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

or maybe you could just save the time and start fresh with the account names.. but then again how would you transfer nameless posts? um.. hum.. decisions decisions.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33524 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

It's a great idea.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33525 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)
Guest posted: (1st Mar 2010 04:11 am)

or maybe you could just save the time and start fresh with the account names.. but then again how would you transfer nameless posts? um.. hum.. decisions decisions.

They would transfer as Guest like they are now?
14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33526 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Tho i would love the  merging accounts because people get to keep their post data, unless you want to start out clean?

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33538 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

Im also curious about the accounts.

Im quite active on eohax lately. and i log in almost every day to check for updates.

I also log into eoserv quite a bit.

Both accounts use the same name and details.

But i like the idea of the forums merging.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33540 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

i like it nerr its me wolf :D

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #33548 Re: Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)

I don't agree with cross merging that much. I don't really see the need for eohax anymore considering that vult or whatever has kind of abanonded endless-online.

14 years, 6 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Plan to merge forums (Cross-post)