EOSERV Forum > Seose > Seose server Setup
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Seose server Setup
Post #23649 Seose server Setup

here i will show you how to make your own server using Seose.

The first thing you should do is download the latest version of seose from sordie.co.uk

Once downloaded open the Seose file and go into data.

you need to then put in PUB files which can be found in the Endless Online folder (THIS IS ILLEGAL)

Then make a folder called Maps (not in the data file) and put in the map files which can be found in the Endless Online folder (THIS IS ILLEGAL)

Then go to no-ip.com and make an account, after you have activated your account and made a username (if u want)  click add a host. Under hostname put the IP you want for your server and change the no-ip.biz bit to whatever you like.leaveeverythingelsetheway it is and click creat host.

You now need to portforward, go to portforward.com and find your router (find the make and the model somewhere on the router or on the box it came in) find your router and click it. then click default guide and follow the instructions. the portsneedtobe8078unless you want to run it on a diferent port.

go into the Seose.xini file and go to game, then change the server name to whatever your server is called, you can change the URL to whatever your web adress is if you happen to have a website. then save it.

open the Seose application in the Seose folder to start up the server. now open Endless and create your account, if it does not work then you may have portforwarded wrong. login to your account after it has created and then log in to make sure everything is working (maps ect.) logoffandthengointo Users file. go into characters and look for Admin ="0"  change the 0 to a 4 then save the file. restart the server then start up the seose application. log in and you should be an admin.

And that is it, you now have an up and running server. you can download things like renas pub editor and map editor so you can customize your server, this can be risky though and may corrupt files. i dont have a link but it shouldnt be to hard to find.

If you want to keep your server online 24/7 you will have to leave your computer/laptop on 24/7  or buy a VPS

I hope this guide helped and have fun on your servers =P

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #23651 Re: Seose server Guide

Rena's Stuff: http://rena.scottdollins.com/

Also, you don't need to restart Seose after making your character an administrator.

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #23652 Re: Seose server Guide

Some other points:

1) It's Seose.xini not Seose.ini

2) DON'T tell people to change their port from 0. Changing Port=0 won't alter the listen port, this is an advanced option for people using NAT.

If you want to use a different port then you should change it in the [binding] section.

However, you should only be changing your port if you are running more than one server. Changing your port "Just to be different" is retarded.

3) Well done. =D

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #23654 Re: Seose server Guide

i have edited the post, sorry for saying to change port, i thought that the port was the same bit as the port in the eo config

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #23870 Re: Seose server Guide

... i did all of this and everything right i checked it 12 times

and it says the server is up on sordies checker but i cant connect and neither can anyone else....

please help

from gadgetseo.

thanks for reading

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #23875 Re: Seose server Guide

you have either portforwarded incorectly, mis-spelled the IP in eoconfig or u might have corrupt pub/maps

14 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Seose > Seose server Setup