EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Map Editor Project [Preview]
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 8 9 >>
Map Editor Project [Preview]
Post #16756 Map Editor Project [Preview]

Map Editor Project

I am making my own map editor for EO in Visual Basic 2008 Express. It is open source for anyone wishing to add stuff to it.

• Features:
    Map Properties
    Tile Selector
    Object Selector
    WYSIWYG Editor

When the map editor is done I am going to learn how to read and write the acual map files.

Website - Clicky

EDIT: Updated the links (Due to a bug)

---
I am an alien and not crazy!
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16757 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

I've found an error. I can't put this tile on map, When I try to do this popups an window with out of memory error.

EDIT : The same problem is setting that tile as base.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16758 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

Flipping WOW, NICE!!! Thats the best editor i've saw, Its simple and easy? WOW, Man cant believe it, If you got it to browse your maps and edit them aswell it'd be excllent, If you know what i mean by browsing maps so you cant just do normal 10x10 maps srsly, how simples that? And saves ALOT of hassle typing in the loc? Wow, Thats absouletley fantasic, I cant wait untill u add walls/desks etc. It'd be excllent, And im just excited now for when you add "Browsing" so you browse on like aeven if you know what i mean and edit the map. Well lol all i can say is very good.

Mike. =]

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16759 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

@

---
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16760 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

In a way yes demond, And in another way i was on about like you can browse on the map editor and pick like 0005.emf in your maps folder, then edit from that. If you done that'd be excellent, And yes if you added a delete button aswell? Could be a possibility when you hover your mouse over the object/tile/wall/whatever you want to delete then click and it will delete if you know what i mean =] and well.. it looks really good already but i bet it will be much much better when you finish it. GL alot,

Mike.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16761 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]
mikeyboi posted: (20th Aug 2009 06:57 pm)

In a way yes demond, And in another way i was on about like you can browse on the map editor and pick like 0005.emf in your maps folder, then edit from that. If you done that'd be excellent, And yes if you added a delete button aswell? Could be a possibility when you hover your mouse over theobject/tile/wall/whatever you want to delete then click and it will delete if you know what i mean =] and well.. it looks really good already but i bet it will be much much better when you finish it. GL alot,

Mike.

Ohh yea I need to learn how to read and write bytes so Im just gonna get the hard bit done first and then the saving ad loading will be the last. It will be a map editor =]

When I make the emfReader module it will read the data into arrays that I am already using for the map editor so nothing to change when its complete.

I don't know if that made much sence

---
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16762 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

Nice. Hopefully this is actually finished. Your site has an issue with the welcome content box. (Firefox 3.5.2 on Windows 7 RC)

Also, read the comment on the first post.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16764 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

Yeah, i'm going to edit the source real quick and add a save button. Just for this friend of mine.

Hopefully, Sausage won't see this. He isn't a big fan of Visual Basic.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16769 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

Nice and GL demond.

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16771 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

@ Scott Thanks Scott, I've read the comment too. What part was copyright so I can remove it.

@ Addison Do you know how to read and write bytes in VB?

Edit: I just made the site quickly and under IE, I will make for FF when I have time. atm EO Map Editor is priority =]

---
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16772 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]
Desmond posted: (20th Aug 2009 07:20 pm)

@ Scott Thanks Scott, I've read the comment too. What part was copyright so I can remove it.

The video had Endless Online graphics.
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16773 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]

Damm that was a quick reply!

---
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16774 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]
Desmond posted: (20th Aug 2009 07:22 pm)

Every reply/post is reported on an IRC channel. ;)
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16775 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]
Desmond posted: (20th Aug 2009 07:20 pm)

Edit: I just made the site quickly and under IE, I will make for FF when I have time. atm EO Map Editor is priority =]

Duh Desmond.
It's simple.

I'm going to have a go at it to help my friend.
Then i'll give you my source. It can be all yours to look at and keep.
---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #16776 Re: Map Editor Project [Preview]
Scott posted: (20th Aug 2009 07:24 pm)

Desmond posted: (20th Aug 2009 07:22 pm)

Every reply/post is reported on an IRC channel. ;)

Is a normal user allowed on the IRC channel? or just private?

Addison Not for a beginner it ain't simple but thanks =]

---
14 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 ... 8 9 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Map Editor Project [Preview]