EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Auto updater
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Auto updater
Post #15641 Re: Auto updater

I downloaded and tested it says Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered: a file is missing or invaled. I would suggest that you make sure the dll's and everything are in it next time.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15654 Re: Auto updater

sorry about that. But isn't it great enough that I had to take my whole night digging this updater from internet and my own PC? As far as richtx32.ocx is concerned, just download it from here - http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/R/RICHTX32.OCX/6.01.9782/download.html

After downloading it, register it with Microsoft Regsitry and you are done!

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15666 Re: Auto updater

I finally got all the stuff that was missing for it. And i checked everything out. All around i say its a great release. Thx for taking the time and releasing it. Im pretty sure there is some of us that will put it to use. Im pretty sure i will thx.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15668 Re: Auto updater

ah! thanks mate. btw, did you try updating files with it?

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15672 Re: Auto updater

Yeah i ran a test with it. It ran ok but it has a few bugs in it. Like i ran the test trying to send the whole client and i ran into some errors and also i ran a test with just sending the gfx files when it got to gfxo25 it wouldnt go through so i guess it wont send more than 24 things before it gets jumbled up. Also i tryed to run the compression program the came with it and i got a error saying a file was missing in it so im going to try to find a way around everything. But for the most part it worked. Also the thing that i found that i like about it is that you can go in the settings file and set it to run the client execute program after it does the update. And so when you do this u can hide the real client execute and use the updater to be the main execute program to run off of. All you have to do is change where it says update to the name of your client and change the icon. And if you do this everytime someone starts the icom they get updated with all the latest updates autmatically before the game starts. So in my opinion its pretty good and i would suggest it to anyone. But it would be great if all the bugs were fixed. So in my opinion with the bugs i would have to rate it a 8 out of 10 if the bugs were fixed however i would give it a flat out 10.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15682 Re: Auto updater

Well If You Get A Auto Updater It Would Be Beasty

Thanks

Greets Jd

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Auto updater