EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Auto updater
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Auto updater
Post #15110 Auto updater

Sausages I think we can solve the problem with the stealing maps. (not rly) but if we create an auto updater like eor. We don't have to put the maps on the client :p . But I don't really know how to make 1 ... .

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15115 Re: Auto updater

You need to have your custom client for that.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15132 Re: Auto updater

Change of question/answer quickly, i just created a server, and if maps arnt coming out no more, how am i suppose to make my server? it has only 1 map "00001" how do i get all the other maps? please help

Thanks, mike.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15147 Re: Auto updater

OH GOOD GOD. You shouldn't even be making a server AT ALL. You can't download all the maps from the web, you need to have all the maps from playing the original game. You download the maps from the regular EndlessOnline servers. Not some website.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15149 Re: Auto updater

Actually, you could do the auto updater via exe stored within the client folder. The user would have to download the updater and execute it when you had an update to the gfx files. The program would simply poll an online resource and download the most current files. But this would be a semi-automatic updater i suppose... Very possible without a custom client. 

Regarding the map files... they still can be downloaded from the main server (not recommended) or you may get them from someone willing to zip them to you. How you get them is up to you. 

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15154 Re: Auto updater

Eh, everyone would need to make a different updater on their own. Wouldn't making it such like it only adds the extra information be hard? Because the orignal EO graphic files are huge in size and can eat up bandwidth. (Unless downloaded zipped and then extracted through a command. :P)

I said it requires a custom client because that means a whole of a new type of a server, as in EOR, the graphic data is stored in .dat files and it's updater adds the new information to them hence updating it.

[Sorry if that all didn't make sense, I'm kinda sleepy, and I guess the problem's solved?]

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15202 Re: Auto updater

Okay this is a pretty simple way of doing this:
First, make the program with socket capabilities, and have them run that instead of the client. Maybe make the client hidden? Well, when you make the program, have it check for updates in the gfx files, and if there is one, download it, then if you updated it, it will use a system call for the client:
#include <stdio.h>
system("endless.exe");

But if the download fails, they abort, or any of that stuff, it will popup with a message saying the client couldn't open.

Sounds interesting, I might do it. :)

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15216 Re: Auto updater
Emin posted: (30th Jul 2009 07:27 pm)

Eh, everyone would need to make a different updater on their own. Wouldn't making it such like it only adds the extra information be hard? Because the orignal EO graphic files are huge in size and can eat up bandwidth. (Unless downloaded zipped and then extracted through a command. :P)

I said it requires a custom client because that means a whole of a new type of a server, as in EOR, the graphic data is stored in .dat files and it's updater adds the new information to them hence updating it.

[Sorry if that all didn't make sense, I'm kinda sleepy, and I guess the problem's solved?]

Yeah Emin something like that . Becuase the maps / items  etc from eor are impossible to take unless you will re-make them.
So a easy way to add more items and I don't have to make trillions and billions of clients I only chose the auto-updater that will do the job.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15280 Re: Auto updater

Theres always the ProtectMaps function that sauasge just released in 152. It uses alot more bandwith as everytime you leave a map it deletes off your client, causing it to keep loading, and loading.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15343 Re: Auto updater
Addison posted: (31st Jul 2009 05:00 pm)

Theres always the ProtectMaps function that sauasge just released in 152. It uses alot more bandwith as everytime you leave a map it deletes off your client, causing it to keep loading, and loading.

Wrong. It never saves it. Only placed into memory I think.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15374 Re: Auto updater

Has anyone heard of Simple Updater? It is really the simplest solution, that I used for my project on Eclipse. It's not only for eclipse, but I am pretty sure it works for our EOserv as well.

http://www.aurathebeginning.com/SU3.rar

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15434 Re: Auto updater

i went here http://www.aurathebeginning.com/SU3.rar and downloaded to check it out i tried using winrar and jzip on it they are both saying that the headers are currupt do you have the website that you got this from if so plz share so we can check it out.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15449 Re: Auto updater
jainy25 posted: (1st Aug 2009 05:57 pm)

Has anyone heard of Simple Updater? It is really the simplest solution, that I used for my project on Eclipse. It's not only for eclipse, but I am pretty sure it works for our EOserv as well.

http://www.aurathebeginning.com/SU3.rar

Confirmed. The download is corrupt.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15508 Re: Auto updater

ok sorry for that corrupt download. here you go - http://www.mediafire.com/?yihuyyzkjzl

I tested this with Eoserv and it is indeed working perfectly fine. I have written down a little credit like thing in the client section, which of course should be there to support the creator of this updater.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15630 Re: Auto updater

i downloaded it but i cant get it to work rite , Can you give us a guide on how to do it Jainy?

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Auto updater