EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)
Post #14960 Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

I have been working on this for a few days, and development is going swimmingly... So far, though, it only loads/edits existing ground tiles on a EMF file... I am working out bugs in other functions, but all and all, I hope to have this done within 2 weeks. Scaled Screenshot:

(URL: http://po.tehsausage.com/dyeekRcp1w-DreamMapper001.jpg)

I am hoping for Feedback/Suggestions before the release, so I can add all the functions now, instead of coming back later.

P.S. Sorry the "Graphics" box is so sloppy... I am still working on things that will go in it.

Credits: Ardvarks, LennyLen

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14969 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Cool ;)

Keep up the good work

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14973 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

I kinda want it.. o__o

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14975 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Thanks for the encouragement, a little bit of that stuff goes a long way. ;)

Just wait, I think it will be done within 2 weeks, the way development is going. :P

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14976 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

This looks like its gonna be a really good mapper 0.0

You said to mention features that should be in it. so ill just mention some of the ones i think it should have.

First since its visual, it should be a lot easier. But it would need to have say...a menu that shows all the floor tiles, and another for walls, another for objects etc.. (if this is a bit much to ask for i understand. its just a request x])

It should have a simple enough interface.

And thats pretty much all i ask for xD

Once again. it looks like its coming along brilliantly! keep it up =D

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14978 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Nerrevar: That is how I am coding it in the first place. :P The tile selection selects the 'tile' (graphic) for the current layer. so, if you switch to the object layer, the tiles that show in the tile dialog show the object images.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14982 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

You should add everything renas map editor has or make it where it works with renas map editor like when you place a tile on a map with renas map editor it shows up on the screen. But anyways nice job and keep up the good work hopefully we will see a release soon.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14984 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

@Inuyasha:
It you mean like embedding Rena's Map Editor in it, they are incompatible types, i.e., Rena's editor is coded in BASIC, my program is in C.

Plus, there would be no point, since the end product will have everything rena's editor has, but in a graphic GUI format, being things like blocks will show as "B"s on the map when in specification layer, and you will click the tiles you want blocked off... So on, it will have all the features, plus maybe some more. :P

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14990 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Awesome! looks like it should be a pretty awesome map editor!

This will be so much easier than using renas editor with eomap. takes way too much time! xD

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15000 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

I still think rena's map editor is better, all you need to do is press f6 to load a map with sausages map editor and f5 to refresh, works like a charm.

---
Endless-Online Version 18
Original Madmat
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15003 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Renas and sausages make a good enough combo. but think about it. ardvarks map editor is one single programme with visual mapping AND visual objects/walls/tiles etc..

When its finished it will be a lot better than the map editors we currently have.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15026 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Update: I have a few other layers working, but I am going to work on lighting the other layers when changing to another layer... Like, you are on the ground laer, you finish all those tiles, then you switch to the objects layer, the objects will be normal color, but the ground layer will be lightened, so yu can see the objects better. :P If I do it that way, should I have a toggle to turn that on/off?

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15045 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Yeah, my boy ard.

Hes been spending a good bit of hours on this, cant wait til he releases it, looks good and has a nice user-friendly GUI.

Good job bro, Bankhead.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15052 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

I have a few ideas, and me and jimbo have been working on a map editor but not geting very far xD.. So

Zoom in/out feature, Hidden floor/object tiles, when you press on the tab it pulls out and then you select 1, it goes into the graphics tile selector. But, you should release it so we can mess with it and find some features we'd like because right now, we can't even see how it works to tell you what to add/change.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15053 Re: Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)

Well a zoom in function wouldn't work too well, it might distort the graphic display, but it isn't unreasonable. The zoom out wouldn't be too bad. The "Graphic Tile Editor" -- What is that? A graphic 'editor'? A chooser? That wouldn't be needed, since you already select the tile from a graphiclist, set in catagories (Water catagory: Shows all water tiles).

I am sorry I cannot release a trial now, or any source yet, because I am having isogrid troubles. >_<

Well I wish you and Jimbo good luck, thehispanic.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Visual Map Editor (Pre-Release)