EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Rena: Unknowns
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Rena: Unknowns
Post #13343 Rena: Unknowns

Wouldn't those 2 unknown things in your map editor (the tile ones, not map type)
Wouldn't UnknownA be like a requirement to use a warp? Like in the factory you need to do the quest to get into that one cage room.

And the truth quest, you need to do the quest to go in that one map in Ancient.

And for UnknownB, wouldn't that be moving tiles? Like in the factory, Those one tiles move Around. Cause when you go to edit that, there is an A and a B. Wouldn't A be point A, and b be point B?

Hmmm, Just a throught.

And what is with the tiles in gfx007?
There are only like 10 of them. Would they be used with UnknownB?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13346 Re: Rena: Unknowns

I'm thinking of the same thing at the B Unknown :p.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13351 Re: Rena: Unknowns

But remember, the robot tiles in factory are counted for npcs. Therefore, you wouldnt need a moving wall spec.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13361 Re: Rena: Unknowns

Yeah thats very smart, if you want to get proof so you can submit to Rena just get a hex editor and look for it.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13389 Re: Rena: Unknowns

If you can confirm your idea's, I can look into and get more information then add editors.

On version 5 I'll enable the unknown editor's so you can experiment (All thought I doubt that would help because our server's don't read those values :p)

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13391 Re: Rena: Unknowns

What about the Npc spawn editor Rena? That'd come in handy with having to create new map files because of Arvid's little fit.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13397 Re: Rena: Unknowns

Unknown D editor is used for gfx005.egf

Open up aeven temple map into mapeditor, open UnkDeditor and see the value (9) and co-ords. Now open gfx005.egf - voila, the temple roof(109).

(and other roofs, things that go overhead like ontop editor but slightly different)

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13403 Re: Rena: Unknowns

All right, UnkD seems to be another roof editor xD

I've added that, and it'll be editable next version.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13405 Re: Rena: Unknowns

Go to atlantis map and open UnkD and it has a spot in the middle of the two buildings, i think thats the roof that is on top of them

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13446 Re: Rena: Unknowns

It does make sense, seeing how there are whole roofs. But why are the roofs in the same gfx file as mask tiles? At least thats what those other tiles look like, mask tiles?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13447 Re: Rena: Unknowns
Vaden posted: (15th Jul 2009 03:52 am)

It does make sense, seeing how there are whole roofs. But why are the roofs in the same gfx file as mask tiles? At least thats what those other tiles look like, mask tiles?

Probably cuz vult got lazy and didnt want to code a whole new resource into the client. Its what I would do.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13463 Re: Rena: Unknowns

Another missing unknown is the source of the ambient sounds that you hear when near a waterfall, in hell, haunted house, the desert, and factory.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13466 Re: Rena: Unknowns
Apollo posted: (15th Jul 2009 04:54 am)

Another missing unknown is the source of the ambient sounds that you hear when near a waterfall, in hell, haunted house, the desert, and factory.

I belive one of the tile spec's is ambient sound.

However, one thing I noticed, my map editor stops sign posts from working.
So I'm assuming I missed something xD
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13472 Re: Rena: Unknowns

kinda off the subject, but i noticed an odd thing with pubedit, yellow sandals inventory icon should be 127, but when opened with pubedit sets the value to 255 (128 and 256 ring a bell?)

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13479 Re: Rena: Unknowns
Apollo posted: (15th Jul 2009 04:54 am)

5_27_3_67 <-- that could be the ambient sound. Its in the first text box in rena's map editor.

Also.... I was using sausages map editor to look at apozen's lair (hell one) and there were some tiles marked with "?" in the lave. Not all the lava. Scattered around... What could that be?

And thoses markers deal with tile specification, and the number is 33... Maybe these tiles are a trigger to the sound. That if you are in a certain range of the tile it starts the sound. And if you fall out of the range, it stops it. Maybe that explains why they are in the lava.Andwhytheyarescattered.

Edit: The "67" in "5_27_3_67" is the sound... If you go to the sfx folder and find sfx067.wav and play it.... Its the lava sound....
Edit2: The "27" is background music.. Apollo and i discovered this while talking over msn.

He opened aeven, seen the 8, i listened to the track, opened eo, warped to the map with background music on, and its the exact track.
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Rena: Unknowns