EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > about the art
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 >>
about the art
Post #13029 about the art

I am willing to recreate the file or at least the maps.

But I want to know if I do this is there anyway that the artist who's name may or may not start with an A still get me in trouble considering this is still his artwork?

I dont mind doing this but i dont want to do it for nothing.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13030 Re: about the art

I think as long as you change the item's names + stats, and also maps. The graphics are hosted by the player, not the server, unlike maps and items. Honestly, I was talking to Scott about this, the only real reason I know.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13031 Re: about the art

Alright just wondering.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13032 Re: about the art

The artist name is, @rv!d i think.

---
I forgot what I was going to write...
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13034 Re: about the art

I'm 9/10 positive it's Arvid, if it wasn't, we would all be awed.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13040 Re: about the art

lol I am to.

is there even another artist whos name starts with an A?
Anyways ill start with the pub and ill make some maps when the new map editor comes out

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13071 Re: about the art

That person IS Arvid, he's the one claiming it's all his artwork but he did give it to Vult in the first place? Durr. He clearly gave up partial artwork that he created to someone else... and I believe you have to recreate a totally different graphic/map whose name is not that of an EO map/graphic. That's probably the only way to stay safe.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13073 Re: about the art

So it would have to look different to?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13076 Re: about the art

in the morning i have an uncle who is a lawyer i will be calling him and explaining the situation.. and finding out if arvid has a chance of doing anything..

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13080 Re: about the art

Well of course it has to be different. Arvid is claiming the "artwork" meaning the appearance of that certain item, even if it is the gold, an armor, or anything he claims was created by him. You can't just expect to be safe by just changing the name and tweaking it a bit. I don't think he'lltake any legal action against this menace but you never know... he is Arvid after all.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13115 Re: about the art

its arvid lol everyone knows he just wants more ppl to notice him.He will not do anything.

1=He did give rights to vult so

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13116 Re: about the art

You have to redo the entire pub/maps, that is all. Like sausage said you can be inspired by arvids graphics, they just can't be pixel for pixel. another thing you can try to do is get ahold of arvid and ask permision but he will be hard to find and hard to reason with because he is swedish and speaks little english.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13136 Re: about the art

I don't think the graphics are a problem, because you aren't using them, the player is. The server hosts map/pub files, not gfx. The graphics are distributed from the endless-online website, unless you have your own client, you should be fine I believe.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13141 Re: about the art

If you really try, you can get the pubs completely redone in under a day. It only took me 2 hours to rename everything in them, but I havent done stats yet, which is why my server is still offline. If Im going to do it legally, Im doing it the right way, and not putting it online halfway legal. You all know Im not much for laws, but Im not going to spend my money with legal problems over some shitty gfx for a free game.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13149 Re: about the art

are you guys going to release these when there done?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > about the art