EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 >>
Copyright woes
Post #15805 Re: Copyright woes

Sausage took a break from eoserv to work on Project Hyrathus is what I heard.

Sordie is working on her own MMO.

And Rena, well, no one ever knows with her.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15940 Re: Copyright woes

Maybe because I like to Post. You don't make sense even bothering to reply.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15942 Re: Copyright woes

News Flash. Vult-r just sued 129 private servers.

Not...

Yo dudes when the fuk is everyone gona realise it was all a huge bluff -.-

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15944 Re: Copyright woes

Ok so really its illegal for vult-r to have eo your saying because eo is downlaodable at endless-online.com also with arvid quitin right? that means all his stuff that he made belongs to vult unless it is writing in writing when he quits he still gets Owner the the grafics.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15969 Re: Copyright woes

This is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity), the end user, and EndlessOnline regarding use of this software.

Simple enough.

The Software or any other materials provided in this package may not be modified in any way. You may NOT upload the software to a freeware or shareware site without first receiving written permission from EndlessOnline. Also no parts of The Software or other files provided in this package may be reproduced in part or in whole.

Some of you merely changed pub files, which breaks the first one. Anyone hosting a download for the original eo client, or a patched client download are breaking the second, and anyone handing out pubs, etc, are breaking the third.

However, a rule for Arvid now.

3.2 Any material given by a developer will become property of Endless Online. Which means that once your work has been used in the game you cannot claim it back or expect to be given a reward for it. Also it will be impossible for us to remove your work once its build in our game.

He cant do anything. In fact, he was never planning on doing anything. In case you didnt notice, Im the first person to mention anything about him suing anyone. (Check the 3rd post in this topic). Yes, I started this just to see how far it would go. Scott also said this, but no one listened to him, so I doubt anyone will listen to me either.

---
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #16168 Re: Copyright woes

Syran I think you are mistaken. You arent the first one who mentioned this sueing thing to Arvid. Maybe on here yeah.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #16300 Re: Copyright woes
AwesomeEO posted: (13th Aug 2009 06:29 am)

Syran I think you are mistaken. You arent the first one who mentioned this sueing thing to Arvid. Maybe on here yeah.

Yes I believe I am. Sausage never said anything about Arvid suing him. Arvid only reported his ISP and almost got his internet shut down.
---
14 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #16304 Re: Copyright woes
Syran posted: (15th Aug 2009 05:22 pm)

AwesomeEO posted: (13th Aug 2009 06:29 am)

Yes I believe I am. Sausage never said anything about Arvid suing him. Arvid only reported his ISP and almost got his internet shut down.

I think you mean service provider. (Spry/VPSLink)
14 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #16306 Re: Copyright woes

Yeah thats what I meant. Dont know how I got that mixed up with ISP.

---
14 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #17573 Re: Copyright woes
-removed-
user perm. banned
14 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #19121 Re: Copyright woes

ok question so wat ur saying is to remake all the maps and items right...well is it legal to use the same titles and stuff the use in eo just switch it around a lil? would that make it legit? sry if I'm repeating anybody else question >.> but ty for any help :) also someone said if seose was legit? i didnt find an answer to his question :\..ty again

14 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #19192 Re: Copyright woes
caveman posted: (14th Sep 2009 01:51 am)

ok question so wat ur saying is to remake all the maps and items right...well is it legal to use the same titles and stuff the use in eo just switch it around a lil? would that make it legit? sry if I'm repeating anybody else question >.> but ty for any help :) also someone said if seosewas legit? i didnt find an answer to his question :\..ty again

No. That is derivative work, you must create you own from scratch.
---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #19810 Re: Copyright woes

@ Arvid Leaving; I think it sucks, now Vult needs a new artist(Lol next time I talk to him on MSN I'm gonna be like "WTF!?!?!11?!1111/!?!241 d000d i can do artz" lmao, not really, I'm gonna ask him if he can take a look at my best art and see if he'll accept volunteer work from me and a few others).

@Syran; Yeah, making everything from scratch would be creating a whole name game basically, the only thing people would use is probably the perspective(if they're like me and are creating a new sprite template as well, but most will prob make new names and shit >_>).. but yeah, everyone should just do it all from scratch, I'm sure because of you some people will come to their senses. [you can use just the client with not one of eo's gfx/sfx/etc. xD I'm sure you can't get sued for that]

14 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #20146 Re: Copyright woes
Septharoth posted: (22nd Sep 2009 04:41 am)

@ Arvid Leaving; I think it sucks, now Vult needs a new artist(Lol next time I talk to him on MSN I'm gonna be like "WTF!?!?!11?!1111/!?!241 d000d i can do artz" lmao, not really, I'm gonna ask him if he can take a look at my best art and see if he'll accept volunteer work from me and a fewothers).

@Syran; Yeah, making everything from scratch would be creating a whole name game basically, the only thing people would use is probably the perspective(if they're like me and are creating a new sprite template as well, but most will prob make new names and shit >_>).. but yeah, everyoneshould just do it all from scratch, I'm sure because of you some people will come to their senses. [you can use just the client with not one of eo's gfx/sfx/etc. xD I'm sure you can't get sued for that]

Septharoth... spell your name correctly and dont copy me and secondly... Vult-r Is giving up and that means? You are not going to show yours arts to it... and what i heard atlas eo migth buy rights from vult... and i migth be wrong but thats what i heard.
---
Eoserv classes: Forum ghost, test player, ex-server owner, TOP 50, mapper & an
oldbie
14 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #20244 Re: Copyright woes

Atlas might buy the Game from vult. This is all Arvid's fault .And why does vult have to give up he has worked hard on Eo he shouldnt just give up

14 years, 32 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes