EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>
Copyright woes
Post #14467 Re: Copyright woes

ummm THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO

of course they have been stolen welcome to the real world iv told you a guy talked to his lawyer and he said the same thing there is fuck all arvid can do if you wanna keep your server the same then keep it they cant shut you down thats for the owner of the server (yes you) to decide and all you gotta say is no what are they gonna do

besides its there own fault they shouldn't of given up on eo and threating not to bring out v29 aint gonna do much people will jus move servers

14 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #14586 Re: Copyright woes

I think this is just a scare tatic sausage and Sordie, Arvid is just threatning. Because he knows you are more than capable to code a better endless-online than vult-r. He is just a little annoyed because we are using his art. And because he cant GM our servers :P

---
Endless-Online Version 18
Original Madmat
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14858 Re: Copyright woes

You know you can claim fair use on screenshots, as long as they aren't huge. I suggest everyone not take down their servers unless they get sent a cease and desist notice. :) Also, I speak for everyone here when I say Arvid can go die in a fire.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14894 Re: Copyright woes
wutlol posted: (27th Jul 2009 01:47 am)

You know you can claim fair use on screenshots, as long as they aren't huge. I suggest everyone not take down their servers unless they get sent a cease and desist notice. :) Also, I speak for everyone here when I say Arvid can go die in a fire.

It's called a DMCA. Cease and desist means to suspend all further communication with the involved party. Also, as much hatred as I support, I wouldn't wish death upon anyone. Come on, it's just a game.
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14896 Re: Copyright woes

Listen scott... If u hate arvid go ahed but its not funny to wish some1 die... And thats true this is only game... World of warcraft have same problem and Final Fantasy XI online but they dosent start anything to stop private servers because its not worth it... some1 continue anyway. :/

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14897 Re: Copyright woes
sekobolzzi posted: (27th Jul 2009 06:23 pm)

Listen scott... If u hate arvid go ahed but its not funny to wish some1 die... And thats true this is only game... World of warcraft have same problem and Final Fantasy XI online but they dosent start anything to stop private servers because its not worth it... some1 continue anyway. :/

I believe that's what I just said.
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #14900 Re: Copyright woes
Scott posted: (27th Jul 2009 05:43 pm)

wutlol posted: (27th Jul 2009 01:47 am)

It's called a DMCA. Cease and desist means to suspend all further communication with the involved party. Also, as much hatred as I support, I wouldn't wish death upon anyone. Come on, it's just a game.

Yeah, cease and desist letters mean to immediately desist infringing something, AFAIK. Which is what I said. Also, when I said he can DIAF, I was saying it jokingly. I don't wish death on anyone either. :)
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15041 Re: Copyright woes

look im going to be truthful i dont care about arvid lmao let him try to sue im useing is art Why becasue i love and niothing going to stop that so w.e

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15146 Re: Copyright woes

I suggest adding a code that reads the file and if it finds the VULT-R STUDIOS copyright, then the console gives them a warning then shuts down the server.

14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15151 Re: Copyright woes
Terminalx posted: (30th Jul 2009 06:40 pm)

I suggest adding a code that reads the file and if it finds the VULT-R STUDIOS copyright, then the console gives them a warning then shuts down the server.

That sounds like an awesome ploy to shutdown 99% of private servers XD
---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15159 Re: Copyright woes
Terminalx posted: (30th Jul 2009 06:40 pm)

Sausage and Sordie has no authority to control what the users do. That's like saying my ISP has the right to block EOSERV to prevent copyright infringement.
14 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #15281 Re: Copyright woes

Yeah and im not even sure if theres a way to read if its copyrighted by Vult-r by the server. I mean sausage and sordie did the most they can by deleting the maps and pub files. The rest is up to the players.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15354 Re: Copyright woes

Has Vult-R said anything about the situation?

Because that's the *only* person that can *REALLY* make a big difference.

Is he with or against the private servers?

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15411 Re: Copyright woes
Suave posted: (1st Aug 2009 03:24 am)

Has Vult-R said anything about the situation?

Because that's the *only* person that can *REALLY* make a big difference.

Is he with or against the private servers?

What i heard he is not with or against private servers that means he dosent care that much... but what i know v29 is not coming out before all private servers shutted down... so I think v29 is not coming out...
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #15730 Re: Copyright woes

Lol it would seem that nothing very productive has come about on this forum for like 3 weeks, no mapeditor updates, no pubeditor updates, no eoserv updates..... whats goin on? trying to starve out the shitty servers untill they die?

---
Web developer, currently looking for graphic artists / designers.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes