EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8 >>
Copyright woes
Post #13132 Re: Copyright woes

If I ask arvid ... Would he let me use his wonderfull art? I really like it.. Idk why you guys so mean with him...

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13140 Re: Copyright woes
MAriusboy posted: (13th Jul 2009 11:05 am)

If I ask arvid ... Would he let me use his wonderfull art? I really like it.. Idk why you guys so mean with him...

Were not being mean. Its just if hes going to be an asshole about it, Ill be one right back.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13148 Re: Copyright woes
MAriusboy posted: (13th Jul 2009 11:05 am)

I think the real question is why is HE being so mean?

I complied with his wishes and didn't even get a thank you.
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13190 Re: Copyright woes

Maybe he's got a revelation and is pretty pissed off about? Idk, Arvid can be outspoken in a mysterious way... which is odd... err or maybe the custom clients popped his cherry? >>

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13455 Re: Copyright woes

In the more legal sense, Arvid DOES NOT own the artwork to Endless. He may have created it, but as soon as he handed it to Vult-R, the ownership of said art passed on to Vult-R. I seriously doubt Vult-r gives two cents as to who hosts a FREE game off his FREE game. Suing even a single person would be a complete waste of money, seeing as how playing Endless Online is FREE.  Any costs you bring up by making a server are your own to pay, and in no way affect main/test servers. Sure, user numbers may fluctuate, but there are still, at any given time, 300-600 people online on main, and around 200-300 online on the Test Server. This is more a scare tactic to anger the EO Community more.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13520 Re: Copyright woes

I just feel Arvid is being a Dick, and he wants the EO Community to be beneath him, and as soon as we all get a lil happiness with our servers and what not. He comes along and steps on us...WELL FUCK THAT D:

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13556 Re: Copyright woes

If you want to get even more technical, the artwork does not belong to one person. According to the license or whatever, the artwork is property of endless online. In which case, anyone who owns a copy of the client with said graphics and maps and whatnot, holds the graphics and maps and pubsreceived from the client and server combination as their own property, to do what they want with it. The notice in the graphics says not to steal, which I can only assume means take them as graphics you made yourself and try to sell them to another game. Modifying and editing them, as long as yousay the base was from endless online is perfectly legal. And as the client says endless online at the top, theres no possible way you could be stealing. However, if you did in fact manage to change the title bar, and then said you created the entire game yourself, client and all, that couldpossibly get you into some legal trouble.

EDIT: But the credits would still say it was created by the original eo team. Unless of course you changed the data files, which is very easy, as the encryption for the credits is almost too easy to break.

---
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13564 Re: Copyright woes

Nope sorry cant be done please dont lisen to him sausage

1. the art content is all free so its NOT stealing eo dosen't charge anything

2. You both probaley live in different countrys and no court would make a international case out of some little boys crappy drawings

3. He is just an ass hole who clearly has no job and still liveing with his parents

Its funny how alot of people in america think they can jus go around sueing people if it was as easy as that then i could be sued by someone for useing in this comment the letter "I" he has no case no right and above all no balls so please sausage dont bend over to his threats if you want i will be more than happy to get u a link to all this law stuff  

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13575 Re: Copyright woes
Kira_120 posted: (15th Jul 2009 06:59 pm)

Nope sorry cant be done please dont lisen to him sausage

1. the art content is all free so its NOT stealing eo dosen't charge anything

2. You both probaley live in different countrys and no court would make a international case out of some little boys crappy drawings

3. He is just an ass hole who clearly has no job and still liveing with his parents

Its funny how alot of people in america think they can jus go around sueing people if it was as easy as that then i could be sued by someone for useing in this comment the letter "I" he has no case no right and above all no balls so please sausage dont bend over to his threats if you want i willbe more than happy to get u a link to all this law stuff  

hes not a american hes from like the netherlands or summet also you cant see whrre hes coming from creating all that art work just think how many hours he put into making them

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13598 Re: Copyright woes

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13604 Re: Copyright woes

It does not matter from where he lives, there is no way a judge from the USA, Netherlands, or Canada will waste his/her time on artwork from a FREE game. As soon as you download the EO client, you are a member of the EO Community, which means you do partially hold a bit of ownership as long as you have the files on your comp. Whether or not you actually own Endless Online does not truly matter. Arvid's work became public the moment a download link to the files was placed on the Endless Site, meaning HE chose to share his artwork with the world.

And as long as the Client Still says Endless Online as a title, and continues to have the Original EO staff listed in the credits, you are not claiming it as yours, but are giving credit to the original team. Arvid still gets his artwork known, vult-r still gets his game advertised, and...Arvid can just pid off.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13605 Re: Copyright woes

Some webhosts or ISP' aren't necessarily going to care WHO owns what. They don't want the issues, so they'll probably just suspend your account to avoid any trouble. That's the easiest solution for them. I personally have moved my server off my home network.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13642 Re: Copyright woes

Ok everyone i talked to my lawyer Deek Owens earlier this week and asked him about all this and he finally got back with me today with a answer. He said ounce you give soul possesion to any coding or artwork to a soul indevidual or comapany all ownership of the artwork or coding is changed hands. To the new owner. So when Arvid gave his artwork over to Vult-r the new owner of the said property became Vult-r and Arvid has no legal rights to it anymore and it wouldn't hold up in court. It's like buying a new car or a house ounce you have bought it it's your's. Also if say i was to give you a gift you are the owner of the gift and im not the owner no more. The only person who can sue is the rightful owner and the soul individual who own's all right's to the artwork at hand. Which is Vult-r the only way Arvid can claim right to the artwork is if Vult-r was to give ownership of Endless Online to Arvid and i doubt that will ever happen. Even though Arvid may be mad people are using his stuff because he waived his right's over to Vult-r he has no right's to the artwork at hand no longer. So people don't worry about Arvid he can't sue us only Vult-r can.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13658 Re: Copyright woes

But, its still a good idea to change everything, as it gives your server uniqueness and its own character, you know?

---
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13781 Re: Copyright woes
toocoolforaname posted: (12th Jul 2009 04:47 pm)

Fuck rules.

Rules are here for a reason, To keep people under control like you.
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes