Page: << 1 2 3 4 ... 7 8 >>
Copyright woes
Post #12983 Re: Copyright woes
equip posted: (12th Jul 2009 08:10 pm)

lmao so i should be re doing my site? www.never-nights.co.nr xD

That's probably a VERY good idea. XD
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12987 Re: Copyright woes

The fact you can't even post screenshots anywhere anymore is ridiculous. I think I'll just go back to creating my own mmo instead of dealing with this shit.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12993 Re: Copyright woes

Screw Arvid, I got permission from Vult back January to create a website using EO graphics and build an MMO using EO as a model. Not to be advertising jack, but Vult linked us from the main site. We have uploaded images, and will continue to have them, and we certainly give not a damn about Arvid's opinion.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12999 Re: Copyright woes
equip posted: (12th Jul 2009 08:10 pm)

lmao so i should be re doing my site? www.never-nights.co.nr xD

i think so unless you wana be "sued"

@sausage i think that you should make a exta place to post for newly made maps,gfx and pub files
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13007 Re: Copyright woes

Arvid needs to go crawl in a hole and die. What a fag. 

This means that all of the EO support sites, including those linked on Endless-online.com must be removed. 

Including the guild websites, etc. 

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13012 Re: Copyright woes

From what I understand, if he continues to do this, he must sue EVERY website that uses Endless Online graphics...

This would include Wickedfrost's blog, well basically any site that uses images from EO. The guide websites would need to be taken down, etc. 

I think he should have to take his own website down, the Endless Online logo is on it. I wonder if he owns the copyright for that?

Edit: This is exactly why I did not steal the Endless Online website.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13014 Re: Copyright woes

Arvid can't sue anyone. Vult can, but I don't think he will. There are already hundreds of servers and three seperate emulators. Does Arvid really believe he can stop it now, at this stage? Anyways I'm not worried about Atlas. We already use a completely different moon logo, different title art, and a different gui.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13015 Re: Copyright woes

This is a big problem. But sausage is right. Arvid does not actually "Own" the copyright to any of the things he made. They are all copyrighted to Vult-r Game studios, Therefore he can't actually sue anyone. Only Vult-r can sue us, and vult-r won't sue anyone because i don't think he cares about endless online. And he would have to sue Wickedfrosts blog and considereing they are good friends i don't think that will be happening. Unless some amazing revelation comes up then you can all rest easy. My sister is a lawyer so i don't hink arvid can do shit to us.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13016 Re: Copyright woes

But it would never stand up in court. If he didnt give a pretense 8 years ago in development that said that he claimed the artwork forever for all to view, and he gave it to vult-r to put up on the internet, then its a void claim. 

It would never stand up in court because he did not specify that it was his at any time. He gave it to vult-r, therefore giving up his claim to the artwork. So this is just Arvid's way of starting random crap to give us a hard time. 

EDIT: Vult-r even condones it! http://forum.endless-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142703

I mean seriously arvid, did you get your head stuck up your ass again?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13028 Re: Copyright woes

Vult didnt condone it, but he doesnt fight it either, which makes this a highly unpredictable situation, as he could easily turn hostile about it.

Personally, Im probably going to shut my server down until I can create completely new map files. I was working on a totally new set of pubs anyways, and I needed to change some level settings anyways, and I was going to change the name as well, so Ill probably just do another wipe and start completely over with all custom stuff.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13037 Re: Copyright woes

Of course you should be somewhat afraid, but like Syran said, it could go either way for some servers.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13041 Re: Copyright woes

I will tell you exactly what Vult-r said about the situation back in January. He told me he was not concerned with EOServ and the project would take a couple years to even make the emulator as accurate as EO main. He also added that he may "change the protocol" of EO as we know it. Don't ask me, that is a direct quote. I am going to ask Vult-r about Arvid's claim to EO artwork as it is currently claimed as a copyright by Vult-r as are all bitmap images contained in the Endless Online game client. Use ResHack, open the first image. It's there.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13043 Re: Copyright woes
Apollo posted: (13th Jul 2009 02:49 am)

I will tell you exactly what Vult-r said about the situation back in January. He told me he was not concerned with EOServ and the project would take a couple years to even make the emulator as accurate as EO main. He also added that he may "change the protocol" of EO as we know it. Don't ask me,that is a direct quote. I�am going to ask Vult-r about Arvid's claim to EO artwork as it is currently claimed as a copyright�by Vult-r as are all bitmap images contained in the Endless Online game client. Use ResHack, open the first image. It's there.

Make sure you tell him Exystredofar is still waiting for his accs back. After all, he did promise hed get them to me a year ago now.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13044 Re: Copyright woes

i have offshore hosting.. im not worried so unless vult knows where my servers are and takes up residency and opens a copyright there they cant do jack cause they have no jurisdiction, also this is rediculous.. if everyone simply put a disclaimer saying the give credit to eo for graphics and simply index them you cant get in trouble cause if they change the copyright to that extent then they wont be able to be indexed on search engines etc..

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #13046 Re: Copyright woes

but when people release the client,,,doesnt it say under 'artists',"Arvid" when you click credits,,, so isnt that giving credit still?? Lol...probably wrong, i suck at knowing the law.. ._.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 ... 7 8 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Announcements > Copyright woes