EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Npc data file (monster damage)
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Npc data file (monster damage)
Post #12736 Npc data file (monster damage)

Before hand - I'm using seose, and I'm using the latest pubedit.

What I'm trying to do is make monster npcs stronger. I look at ancient wraith, it hits 30-50, and it's acc is 20, MinDamage is 22 MaxDamage is 22...I make apozen's stats anything like that, and it fucking rages with millions of attack. Can some one please explain to me how these things work? I looked at the readme for pubedit, and all it does is say what it IS. (mxd mnd etc) Thank you.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12746 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)

Like everyone else PubEdit isnt always reliable, it may mess up your server. Which is why you all ways back it up before changeing something with PubEdit.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12816 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)

Pubedit only messed up my server when I added new items. Editing items doesnt affect my server in the slightest, and Ive never had problems with anything other than that. It seems that theres something obvious most people arent doing, cuz Ive never had any of the errors reported on here...

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12823 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)
Syran posted: (11th Jul 2009 11:48 pm)

Pubedit only messed up my server when I added new items. Editing items doesnt affect my server in the slightest, and Ive never had problems with anything other than that. It seems that theres something obvious most people arent doing, cuz Ive never had any of the errors reported onhere...

Actually, yes, pupedit can screw up files if you edit the wrong section item, it is really touchy.
Just be careful, I always am when I use it.
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12828 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)

I know it can, Ive seen it happen, and it did happen to me once when I created an entirely new item.

I was just saying, I never have any problems with it when Im only editing an item, and I very rarely do that anyways.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12855 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)

Try copying the same stats of a Hell Guardian. It should work moreso in that way... but again, don't go overboard with the stats like 345 damage... just do as I said and copy those of a Hell Guardian and tweak it just a bit.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12863 Re: Npc data file (monster damage)

Ok for making a monster hit higher here is what you do.

This will take some experimenting, And remember to back up your files first.

Open PubEdit open the npcs change the MnD and MxD of a monster

keep the MnD and MxD somewhat close together, then edit the accuracy of the monster(ACC) to a higher amount.

This is where you experiment. Keep the ACC to low you wont hit at all keep it to high you wont hit high enough just mess around with this, And when  your testing how high the monster hits make sure you dont have tons of defense .

Now for making a item and not glitching your server all you do is make sure its under the EOF which should always be the last ID number.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Hope this helped :)

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Npc data file (monster damage)