EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]
Post #12296 Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]

Moved from another topic because no one uses the search button (sadly), so no one wouldve seen it.

Use Reshacker to import/export the graphics. Use a picture or image editor, such as Paint, (although I highly recommend fireworks). Some will say to use photoshop, but I have only ever experienced problems with it, so Im partial to fireworks.

Im not great with making custom graphics, and if youre just starting out with it, I recommend doing what I do, and either adding to or subtracting from the saturation of the hue, or by inverting the color.

In order to do this in fireworks, simply open the file, then at the bottom there is a tab called Properties. There will be a blank textbox like object, with a plus and minus button above it. Click the plus button, then select Adjust color, and towards the bottom, there are Hue/Saturation...andInvert right next to each other, then choose one. If you choose hue/saturation, it will bring up a window with sliders to set it by rolling the slider, or setting it manually.

Invert works automatically by reversing (inverting) the color schemes of the image to the opposite color on the color wheel.

I will post pictures demonstrating... Mind you, my server has hotlink protection, so it will say you dont have the privileges to view it. Ignore that, and simply click on the URL, and hit enter, and itll let you in just fine. (This is a security feature so that no one can steal my bandwidth by posting my pics anywhere but on my server ;) )

http://exy.ej.am/exyserv/images/patchdemo1.bmp
http://exy.ej.am/exyserv/images/patchdemo2.bmp
http://exy.ej.am/exyserv/images/patchdemo3.bmp

Mind you, I did in fact pixel that white samurai drop/trade gfx myself. Since its white, neither of those functions will do anything to it, or anything else white, except invert, which will turn it black. So if you dont want something white to turn black, youll need to pixel it yourself.

Programs used:

Reshacker
Fireworks (official)

You need an account at adobe.com to download Fireworks. Anywhere else could be pirated software, so I wont post any other links.

Enjoy.

PS: Dont mess with the lightness of the image, itll only make it hard to see on the client. /experience

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12335 Re: Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]

Your images 403'd. Permissions set wrong?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12337 Re: Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]
Scott posted: (10th Jul 2009 09:48 am)

copy paste the urls into the bar and it will work.

[quote="syran"]

I will post pictures demonstrating... Mind you, my server has hotlink protection, so it will say you dont have the privileges to view it. Ignore that, and simply click on the URL, and hit enter, and itll let you in just fine. (This is a security feature so that no one can steal my bandwidth by posting my pics anywhere but on my server ;) )

[/quote]

Clearly stated above, wouldn't hurt you so much t oread the post correctly, and he's mentioned about his bandwidth security before, and so have I. Scott will rape your dog

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12341 Re: Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]
sirkaper posted: (10th Jul 2009 09:56 am)

Scott posted: (10th Jul 2009 09:48 am)

copy paste the urls into the bar and it will work.

[quote="syran"]

I will post pictures demonstrating... Mind you, my server has hotlink protection, so it will say you dont have the privileges to view it. Ignore that, and simply click on the URL, and hit enter, and itll let you in just fine. (This is a security feature so that no one can steal my bandwidth byposting my pics anywhere but on my server ;) )

[/quote]

Clearly stated above, wouldn't hurt you so much t oread the post correctly, and he's mentioned about his bandwidth security before, and so have I. Scott will rape your dog

Shows how much I pay attention. xD

Oh btw, men not dogs. ;)
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12343 Re: Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]

Thanks for sharing!

And you can also use Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Paint for making your own graphics....
very nice job btw ^_^

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12567 Re: Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]

I know lol, but as I said in the post, paint isnt good for graphics and Ive only ever had problems with photoshop. Paint.net would also be a good choice for an editing tool, but I have almost no experience with it.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Custom Graphics For Patching [GUIDE]