EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Creating items?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Creating items?
Post #12242 Creating items?

So i've just been looking through the forums, and i've read alot of people are making "patches" and whatnot, creating new items, or covering items up with another.

I was wondering if someone could just give a breif explanation of how to do that?

And also, is it for the whole server? Or is it like just a downloadable patch?

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12249 Re: Creating items?

I can't be bothered making a tutorial but just letting you know, You HAVE to give credit for the peoples items you add and you have to have server players comitted enough to your server to ALL download your new patch. There are otehr people who can help with the actual adding, im to busy mapping right now

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12250 Re: Creating items?

So it IS just a patch?

not actually changing the interface or whatever of the game?

I used to do patches.. :p

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12257 Re: Creating items?

you dont have to do any client coding unless you want to add NEW arrows or wings or bags but apart from that its basically just a patch, yes

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12265 Re: Creating items?

Say i DID want to add, just for example, a new Arrows.

How would i go upon that? And actually make it work for everyone to use, without downloading any dumb patches and whatnot.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12268 Re: Creating items?
scrax posted: (9th Jul 2009 11:58 pm)

Say i DID want to add, just for example, a new Arrows.

How would i go upon that? And actually make it work for everyone to use, without downloading any dumb patches and whatnot.

They would HAVE to have a new patch, that is very important. But you can't add new arrows or wings, this is because the client has been coded to make the current arrows and wings into a special postition so if you try add new ones it will simply be read as a shield and screw up ur player.

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #12272 Re: Creating items?

it makes.... some sense

But i just don't think the way you said it made a whole lot haha

arrows go ni the shield spot either way, and i mean, wouldnt i just have to make the gfx or whateevr for it? I don't think it'd exactly be wrong.

but then again, what i just said was a patch.

Well i guess i understand what your saying haha

thanks

14 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Creating items?