EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > new map security *works*
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
new map security *works*
Post #12177 new map security *works*

ok some people complain "that bastard logged in and copied my map :O"

well this idea will not work for edited maps, but lets say for example you have a brand new map and you do not want somebody to copy it.

Simple solution take it or leave it, set a level restriction for the warp tile that takes a player to that map, saaay lvl 50 for example. Or lvl 80-100. I *think* maps do not load onto a client untill the player actually visits the corresponding map.

I say, if a player wants to stay on my server until he is lvl 80 just to steal a map, then he is welcome to it.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12181 Re: map security idea

Once again, you came outta nowhere with another Great idea, I'd recommend this to people but (No Offence to anyone on the forums as this isnt directed at you) some are stupid enough to do that, and maybe a day later come on to say Rapidshare or somewhere like that, or this forum, and post a download, and then start complainingwhen its there fault they released it

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12183 Re: map security idea
Logitech posted: (9th Jul 2009 03:15 pm)

Once again, you came outta nowhere with another Great idea, I'd recommend this to people but (No Offence to anyone on the forums as this isnt directed at you) some are stupid enough to do that, and maybe a day later come on to say Rapidshare or somewhere like that, or this forum, and post adownload, and then start complainingwhen its there fault they released it

Lol to me its common sense, I just like to slap random ideas in peoples faces when theyre like "omg thats so simple, why didn't I think of that". Intuition ;p.

Anywayz I would prefer to have some kinda file encryption and release a whole encrypted client (like eor) for download, but it'l be months before anyone designs one of those that is compliant, probably won't even be released. Some people i've spoken even think its not possible at all (non-believer 'tards). So far look what has been made possible, of course it is.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12188 Re: map security idea

only thing is why have a map noone can go to? until there lvl 80 if they have nothing to do on the map?

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12191 Re: map security idea
crusty posted: (9th Jul 2009 03:45 pm)

only thing is why have a map noone can go to? until there lvl 80 if they have nothing to do on the map?

Well I guess in your case, they would have nothing to do on the map. Lol.

The point is (especially in my case) im making a whole new eo world, that you need to be a higher lvl to go to, it will have much stronger monsters and much better shops, more in depth dungeons (maybe take 45 mins to reach the bottom) and yeah, more gameplay.

Another good thing about setting a high lvl for this is so the original eo maps don't go to waste when i've completed my new world project. In essence people have to stay in the normal world and lvl up before they can move on.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12254 Re: map security idea

Same here sirkaper, i've made one new town, im making a sky city and an underwater world, The problem with your solution is that the map loads into the client when the player is connecting to your server. When it says Please Wait and Loading Game, you may not notice it but there is a thing saying update map whenever you edit or add a new map, at that point it becomes possible for them to take the maps off you, thats the flaw

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12288 Re: map security idea
Tazerenix posted: (9th Jul 2009 11:34 pm)

Same here sirkaper, i've made one new town, im making a sky city and an underwater world, The problem with your solution is that the map loads into the client when the player is connecting to your server. When it says Please Wait and Loading Game, you may not notice it but there is a thingsayingupdate map whenever you edit or add a new map, at that point it becomes possible for them to take the maps off you, thats the flaw

This only stands true if you happen to be logging in, and you last logged off on the map you just edited.

In other words, it only updates if youre logging in on an updated map, and you havent logged in since it was updated. It doesnt download all map files, if it did, thatd take forever to start eo the first time, and it would have to scan for updated files every time you connect. I think its better vults way, only scan for an update if they access the map themself.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12298 Re: map security idea

tested on a fresh client (normal). it works.

gonna change the topic title as its now proven that it works.

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12450 Re: new map security *works*

How do u set a level to go to a warp..

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #12492 Re: new map security *works*
mohamed posted: (10th Jul 2009 04:24 pm)

How do u set a level to go to a warp..

Rena's Pub Editor

Find LR

Set The Level Required

14 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > new map security *works*