EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Some Questions About Pubedit.
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Some Questions About Pubedit.
Post #12175 Some Questions About Pubedit.

What values in pubedit must you you change when editing or creating an NPC to make them a shopkeeper; and what values must you change to make them a monster? Also, I edited Ludwig under the column of NPC and changed it to 6, like all shopkeepers. Then I went to the NPC file and gave himsome items to sell, but in game when I clicked on him, he was a shopkeeper but there weren't any items for sale. (Note: I checked the NPC file and I did do it correctly. I also changed his name in pubedit, but idk if that would do anything.) What else must I edit in order to make him sell the itemsI gave him to sell.

Lastly, how do you make a scroll warp to a different place? I tried to figure out how to make the scroll of nothing warp to somewhere, but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12186 Re: Some Questions About Pubedit.

Make sure you're using the latest version of pubedit [v1.3], for most people this fixed the issues.

And NPC value for shops is 6, monster values are 1-[non-aggresive] and 2-[aggresive]

Also check that your format for npc.xini is entered correctly, some people mix up "Item=" (shops) and "ItemID=" (drops). There are also many other topics explaining how to write the npc.xini format, take a look through this forum.

EDIT: and for scrolls use GFX 62, TYP 4, then edit these:

sp1-[map id], sp2 [x-loc], sp3 [y-loc]

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12197 Re: Some Questions About Pubedit.

it still isn't working. I tried making an agrresive monster, but it wouldn't attack and it only had a 1hp kill (only admins can kill it i think). I checked over everything, and I even tried editing it to be EXACTLY like another aggresive monster. but it still won't work. I'm using v.1.3. did i do something wrong while trying to create the NPC?

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Some Questions About Pubedit.