EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.
Post #12059 A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.

This is a rather odd question, but would anyone think it would be possible to make a map with about 30 houses or so, with signs outside of them. Maybe two rows, 15 in each. Then make a seperate map for each house. But I could set the signs to display peoples names maybe.

Then how the "Wrait key" opens a certain door, would I be able to make a seperate "key" for each house? And only that key would let you in the door. Because I'd like to make an "own your own house" feature. And maybe allow people to send in a "customize request" for their own room, and one of my staff members, or me, would make them their room?

I know it's a rather large question, but I would like to know if it's possible. If you think it is, or have any ideas as to how it may work please post. And give some feeback on the idea.

Thanks. :]

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12075 Re: A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.

Making the map with a bunch of houses on it would be repetitive, but of course possible. Making the signs might not be since AFAIK the signs' texts are all hard-coded in to the client.

Making keys should world (though knowing Vult they might not), just add more items with the item type key and then add to the tile door type for "needs a key" (LockedWraith + extra key number). LockedWraith is 4, so to use the next key type item after the Wraith Key would be 5.

Any customizing would involve them asking you to edit the map for them (unless you send them the map to edit, then get it back etc., though they could add things you might not want them to)

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12077 Re: A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.
Sausage posted: (9th Jul 2009 07:32 am)

Making the map with a bunch of houses on it would be repetitive, but of course possible. Making the signs might not be since AFAIK the signs' texts are all hard-coded in to the client.

Making keys should world (though knowing Vult they might not), just add more items with the item type key and then add to the tile door type for "needs a key" (LockedWraith + extra key number). LockedWraith is 4, so to use the next key type item after the Wraith Key would be 5.

Any customizing would involve them asking you to edit the map for them (unless you send them the map to edit, then get it back etc., though they could add things you might not want them to)

Thanks Sausage! I honestly didn't think this was possible on my end. XD
But thanks for clearing it up.

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12092 Re: A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.

This I have tested and seems to work with door values 2 and up. Make sure the SP1 in pub edit matches the number in the warp editor for door. I'm not sure of the stability of the eif file once you edit a mass amount of keys into it though. Expect problems like invisible items or inventory/paperdoll/on screen map graphics to start glitching and become invisible. Currently door #2 is silver key, #3 is crystal, and #4 as Sausage said is wraith. Good luck with it, sounds like a ton of work. :)

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12097 Re: A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.

This would be very easy after sausages soon-to-come map editor is finished. It probably wont be long he got 50% of it done in about a day. Then you can map it and put the signs outside. Im not sure about making the signs say what you want since its client side as far as i know. Then the door key yeah you probably could make your own playerhouse key. But youd have to make 25 different ones per house. Or code in something to make it different per house.

---
http://www.addipop.com
14 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #12119 Re: A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.

In respones to adding the signs. As far as i know what those signs say is in the data files (i havent actually checked but i should be there, thats where most things are). If you are wishing to edit them then you would need to find out if its coded into the client, so just go to an existing sign, type #loc and check the tile spec. if its some random number that no one uses, its probably in the data file, if not then its client coded. From there you should be able to figure out how to add new signs.

ps: im going to be trying the above theory tomorrow as the idea of personal houses has been with me for ages but i have never tested it out.

14 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > A combination of pub edit, maps, and mapeditors.