EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On
Page: << 1 >>
Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On
Post #205291 Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

To Sausage Or Mods: please don't remove this post, it goes off topic a bit but then on topic with EOSERVER Building stuff (near the end) and plus, I'm trying to reach out to people who check this forum every now and then but aren't active here. I used to have really cool friends here, and hopefully if people see this, they can become active again and help me with my projects. Read full thread before thinking about deleting, thanks.

Who Checks In But Isn't Active?

Does anyone check these forums now and then? I miss the old community, and some of my old friends. Does anyone remember me? If you know how I can contact Doug from Brazil (he was a PHP, C#, C++ programmer), he owned a server that always had the Brazillian flag, Doug's EO, maybe? Let me know, it would be awesome to talk to him again. If I remember correctly, this community kind of died since the lounge was removed, and other changes were made. I think if we all would have continued socializing on these forums, maybe we wouldn't have gotten bored of EO, and maybe we would have collaborated on some cool projects and actually finished them. Maybe EO wouldn't be as dead as it is today. 

My EO Remake Project

I am working on two EO projects right now. The one I am most excited about is an EO-Remake in Unity3D game engine, which my friend Xce is the lead programmer of. I am a CEO, organizer, world designer, lore & quest designer, and basic game designer for the project. The ideas we have for the game are very unique, and I think it can eventually lead to being a very successful game released on Steam. We plan to use EO-style graphics and movement (2D, isometric), but plan to have a much less tedious gameplay and combat experience. We want to make combat really fun and at least a bit less like a boring hack'n'slash game. 

If I am going to try to interest you, we want a real storyline and lore to this game. We want multiple races the player can choose from, each with their own lore. A cool feature I had in mind, and already implemented on my EOSERV Project is a city domination feature. Guilds will be able to participate in daily events to PvP in a city/town map, and the victor guild of the PvP event gets to be labeled dominators of the city/town. When you dominate a town/city, players will pay taxes for things they buy from NPC's or at an auction house, and this tax will be paid to you; the dominators of the city/town. 

This is just one idea out of many we have had. Currently, we are looking for pixel artists and programmers. We have money to spend for your contriutions. We ideally are looking for people that are passionate about creating a unique EO-style game that we can release to Steam and profit from through in-game subscriptions or in-game purchases. 

EOSERV Project

If anyone wants to keep it simple, and work with a platform (EOSERV, and EO Client) that is already complete, and ready to build off of, consider helping me on my EOSERV Project. The servers name is currently called Craze Solution, which may change in the future. The lore and storyline of this server is loosely based on the lore and storyline of the game we are working on. 

So far I've had a few dozen players join the server, and based on the limited content I have on the server (50 maps, gameplay up to level 15), they actually had enjoyed the server and played for hours at a time. Knowing that people enjoyed the server gave me hope for my game/server design skills, and let's me know that I can create balanced gameplay that everyone can enjoy. 

So far, there are 5 classes: Warrior, Archer, Wizard, Nomad, and Bandit. You can only choose a class once, then it's permanent. Bandits have a unique skill to be able to steal gold and items from NPC's. So far, I've added it to the storyline where a bandit player can choose to steal gold from the NPC. I've yet to add consequences to stealing from the NPC, but will probably add some like karma, less rewards in quests, etc..

I am currently using maps that I made many years ago, but decided to use them again because I really like them and spent a lot of time into them. You can see a video of my showcasing my maps here.

If any of you enjoy reading EO+ quest scripts (I honestly don't know why you would) you can check out the first two parts of my servers storyline here.

1 year, 34 weeks ago
Post #205292 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

I come by fairly often to see what's going on but never post as I have nothing to share within rules of the forum. I also created a project in Unity but didn't make it very far, just the start of an Aeven map with updated graphics

https://ibb.co/HT3N2Cz

1 year, 34 weeks ago
Post #205293 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

I come by maybe once a month, sometimes more just to see if any active projects going on.

If you get a mockup of your remake at some point let me know. 

---
Former multi-server mapper.
1 year, 34 weeks ago
Post #205294 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On
xsepx posted: (4th Aug 2022, 03:41 pm)

I come by fairly often to see what's going on but never post as I have nothing to share within rules of the forum. I also created a project in Unity but didn't make it very far, just the start of an Aeven map with updated graphics

https://ibb.co/HT3N2Cz

That stone path tile is decent! It's cool that you check in now and then. 

@xsepx & Misca: 

My friends and I are very passionate about this Unity project we are working on, and have so far spend a bit of money, only with plans to spend more. I think an EO-style game has the potential to blow up and be a major success if completed and released to a platform like Steam. We have really unique ideas and are confident in our ability to release a game that becomes a success. 

My philosophy is that game developers are powerful together, and when in a team, the vision, passion, and dedication only continues to grow. It'd be spectacular if you guys decided to join in on this project, or at least check out some of the progress. 

And damn it, Misca...you don't have Discord, do you? xD

I'll start inboxing you on here with some of our progress, and the ideas we have for the game. 

It would also be cool if you helped me with some maps for my server, I really need to add more maps to the server so I can add more content for the players.

@xsepx: sent you a message too.

1 year, 34 weeks ago
Post #205295 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

Hey lolss,

I find it cool how you're using Unity to create an EO inspired game. I was also using Unity to create my own version of the EO client and a server using C# .NET. i found Unity to be quite powerful with its sprite editor, sprite slicer, inspector window, simple UI elements and scripting workflow. My goal was to release the source code to allow people to customize EO as much as they can imagine. It is proving to be harder than I thought and takes a lot more time. I dont know if Ill ever commit to fully finishing and releasing it but I might post videos for fun :3 My source code is also a bit messy lol I need to clean it up and document it.

1 year, 33 weeks ago
Post #205300 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

Ignore this post. Wrong thread.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
1 year, 33 weeks ago
Post #205301 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On

Cool to see some familiar faces. Keep up the projects. 

Nice work so far, @Sep

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
1 year, 33 weeks ago
Post #205305 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On
LegendaryG posted: (6th Aug 2022, 05:02 pm)

Hey lolss,

I find it cool how you're using Unity to create an EO inspired game. I was also using Unity to create my own version of the EO client and a server using C# .NET. i found Unity to be quite powerful with its sprite editor, sprite slicer, inspector window, simple UI elements and scripting workflow. My goal was to release the source code to allow people to customize EO as much as they can imagine. It is proving to be harder than I thought and takes a lot more time. I dont know if Ill ever commit to fully finishing and releasing it but I might post videos for fun :3 My source code is also a bit messy lol I need to clean it up and document it.

Seems most people start working on something and never release it, would be much more useful if we have a directory of open source EO projects and open source them before they are finished and eventually just build a community team that works together to make the open source eo. I suggest you make your project open source right now, dont worry about your code.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
1 year, 32 weeks ago
Post #205307 Re: Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On
Hacker_Alex posted: (14th Aug 2022, 04:57 pm)

LegendaryG posted: (6th Aug 2022, 05:02 pm)

Hey lolss,

Seems most people start working on something and never release it, would be much more useful if we have a directory of open source EO projects and open source them before they are finished and eventually just build a community team that works together to make the open source eo. I suggest you make your project open source right now, dont worry about your code.

That's a good point. Will definately do after implementing some more basic features so it looks atleast presentable
1 year, 32 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Anyone still check these forums? - Projects I'm Working On