EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request
Page: << 1 >>
EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request
Post #205100 EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request

Hello Folks!

Just curious if you have the same bug as me. I debugged the last days a lot and couldnt find the cause for this. It plops up, when im warping into another map, i guess because the npcs are loading. The autorefresh packets as the request packet are provided like the source code. I didnt change there anything. It causes my server to lag since its queuing up. 

Am thankful for any ideas.

https://ibb.co/71gYTjg

Kind Regards

Dennis

3 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #205101 Re: EOSERV Bug? Undhandles packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request

This is a known bug, although EOSERV tries to circumvent the need of this packet, there are known issues with a boss spawning child NPCs. The purpose of the auto refresh packet is to correct draw references as NPCs transfer in and out of the player view mainly for efficiency as the original software only updated NPCs when you were within a viewing distance. While it is identified by EOSERV as a legitimate client packet, it goes unused and in most cases will cause no harm to your server. The Boss/Child bug is known, however there is no timeframe as to when it would be fixed as minor fixes and updates to the source code have nearly ceased. Just be aware when you are making maps with Boss/Children to make the battle area a little smaller and avoid spamming a large number of child type NPCs as it could create drawing issues with the official EO client.

3 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #205102 Re: EOSERV Bug? Undhandles packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request
Apollo posted: (11th Sep 2020, 12:33 pm)

This is a known bug, although EOSERV tries to circumvent the need of this packet, there are known issues with a boss spawning child NPCs. The purpose of the auto refresh packet is to correct draw references as NPCs transfer in and out of the player view mainly for efficiency as the original software only updated NPCs when you were within a viewing distance. While it is identified by EOSERV as a legitimate client packet, it goes unused and in most cases will cause no harm to your server. The Boss/Child bug is known, however there is no timeframe as to when it would be fixed as minor fixes and updates to the source code have nearly ceased. Just be aware when you are making maps with Boss/Children to make the battle area a little smaller and avoid spamming a large number of child type NPCs as it could create drawing issues with the official EO client.

Thanks for the reply Apollo! Good to know, but the error will be triggered even in areas where no bosses are in. Like in the Newb Area. But it also means the lag has another reason. This helped a lot, thank you! 
3 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #205103 Re: EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request

While the error can trigger anywhere, as I said before it really only affects the displayed NPC children in a Boss/Child combo. Essentially, this is a client request to refresh map NPCs when they go in an out of the viewing range. You could make a blank handle for that case if you want the warning to go away, or just comment out the line in the source code that reports unused packets. Sausage has suggested he can improve the way EOSERV handles the Boss/Child scenario to remove all need of the packet, but as I said previously the todo list is not really getting checked off these days. 

3 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #205104 Re: EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request
Apollo posted: (12th Sep 2020, 12:41 pm)

While the error can trigger anywhere, as I said before it really only affects the displayed NPC children in a Boss/Child combo. Essentially, this is a client request to refresh map NPCs when they go in an out of the viewing range. You could make a blank handle for that case if you want the warning to go away, or just comment out the line in the source code that reports unused packets. Sausage has suggested he can improve the way EOSERV handles the Boss/Child scenario to remove all need of the packet, but as I said previously the todo list is not really getting checked off these days. 

No problem, if i know what it is and what it causes, then i can handle it. It seems to stacking up over the time. I have a subjective feeling it causes only problems in the debug build. Release build runs pretty smooth tho. Thanks again for the input!
3 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > EOSERV Bug? Undhandled packet: NPC_AutoRefresh_Request