EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Admin Commands and Sounds
Page: << 1 >>
Admin Commands and Sounds
Post #205088 Admin Commands and Sounds

This post is in regards to adding Admin Commands that do not work on my server:

$Server [Message] // This will send a server message to every character.

$Global [on/off] // Enables and Disables Global

$Arena // This will start the arena on the map

$Wall // Wall a character

$Pk [on/off] // Enables and Disables Player Killing on a map.

$warpback [victim] // Warps a player back to the coordinates they were at before warped to position

I was just wondering if there was a github that had these codes and where to place them so i can utilize these features.

<<and if it is possible>>

$warpvto <victim> <map,x,y> // Warps a player to a specific location without having to warp to that position first.

$hidev <victim> <on/off> // Allows for a player to be hidden

Moreover, I was wondering I see there is a sound button available in the EOmapper, how do I set sounds to this tile is there a tutorial or information that i have not seen in the forum? I would really enjoy being able to have a feature in the game or editor where i can pick which sound to play. Is this something i should stop considering or is there someone out there that has a way of implementing sound tiles? 

EDIT: Also how do I direct the EOServ to load New Characters into a specific map? If there are links or guides for this please let me know! :)

ALSO;;

I just wanted to state that I really appreicate everyone that has made progress on their projects and the help that has always been given to me when I have asked questions. I have gotten so much experience and knowledge just through trial and error, i just want to see what you all have available instead of trying to reinvent the wheel on simple things that may be easier than me struggling with the correct placement and code sequence and breaking my game. 

Again thank you all very much for all your advice and knowledge.

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #205089 Re: Admin Commands and Sounds

Ok let me see what I can cover here...

$Server [message] is not a command officially included. There are many examples within the code of chat and commands, as well as the server message packet. This will need to be added on your own for support.

$Global is not included either. You will need to create a boolean member of World and use a command to make it true or false, and likewise check that value before sending the global chat packet. 

$arena should be a working command on a map with a designed arena and proper arena data included within the data config files for arenas.

$wall does not exist, however you can basically copy the jail command to put a player within a wall.

$pk enable/disable can be achieved via map mutation currently, but that is not an officially supported command either. 

$warpback [victim] will require you store a characters last location prior to warping them and copy and modify an existing warp command to achieve this.

$warpvto [victim] {map,x,y} does not exist, but you can again copy and modify an existing warp player command to achieve this. 

$hidev will not work for a player character without heavy packet sending trickery as the EO client does not support hidden players.

For the map editor sound tile, there is one ambient sound per map allowed. You can first place your sound tile on a map, then on the toolbar select Map->Properties. The ambient sound field is the track number of the sound you would like to select. 

For new characters start location, find the values startmap, startx, and starty in the config files. 

That should be at least a start in the right direction for you. 

3 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #205090 Re: Admin Commands and Sounds

Some of it sounds fairly simple as to where other parts sound still a little too advanced for me to try and fully tackle alone. Thanks for the advice and I will just try my best to write some script and put that here to see if it is correctly formatted for the EOServ. I do hope that you will look at any code i do try and create and help me move forward. It is definitely all about growing as I go through this building process and will hopefully not disappoint myself hehe. Thanks again and if anyone wants to add any of their codes or ideas on any of these please feel free to message me or place that information here for others that may want to build with limited coding knowledge :). 

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 34 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Admin Commands and Sounds