EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?
Page: << 1 >>
Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?
Post #205063 Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

I was just wondering if it was possible to make one of the bottom buttons that do not open anything house more images as objects? Is this a possibility? I am still having problems when it comes to adding images to the mapper, i deleted every single one and have been adding them one by one saving every 20 added and now i am at a point where it will not add anymore images to the mapper. I am only at 1200 images for objects which is less than i have had before but it is no longer adding the bitmaps i am adding to it. Is there any advice you all can give me. I would love it if i could make these bottom unavailable buttons be used for more objects specifically. 

https://ibb.co/k44Hwhq

[url=https://ibb.co/k44Hwhq][img]https://i.ibb.co/k44Hwhq/Eomapperquestion.jpg[/img][/url]

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205064 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

I think you are confused as to the purpose of the category buttons. Those buttons link to the typing of the object you will place which is specifically what is shown on the list. Adding a second category for more objects is just redundancy as they still would fall under the objects category. You can eventually max out the selection window, but realistically if you have that many assets in the game client you might have overkill. 

I should let you know the original source code to EOMap was lost. I do have a similar build that may have issues, but don’t look for official update to that editor.

3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205065 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

Is there a map editor that would allow me to have more of a limit of objects able to be input into the editor? I just want to have accessibility to options and customized maps where you are getting a really good experience regardless if people are online or not. I just want to move past trying to add objects into an editor that will not handle or work with me even when i have tried various ways of making it work. Any and all suggestions downloads or advice would be greatly appreciated. I figured that the buttons would not work as i figured i just wanted to see if there was an alternative way to add more images into the editor itself. 

EDIT: When i was adding images to the original gfx file i got it up to around 1700 images before it stopped adding more toward the bottom of the editor. The resource file can still have images added into it, but the mapper itself will lock in place at a random image and wont add images past that point regardless of size.

Thanks for the response!

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205067 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

Sausage did a resource patch, although I do not know where he uploaded that to as it is not linked here. That should expand the limit of resources. I have an unofficial patch release in the EOMap thread, but I should caution that some cases have reported crashes occur, although the same might be true of the official editor as well. I may get around to correcting that if possible, but is based on a close EOMap source and not the latest official release so use it at your own risk. 

3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205068 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

It sounds like that patch is just what i am looking for and I really do hope you can find it! I think i am actually using your unofficial one that you posted in the forum, but if you have any updates on just the resource file accepting more images specifically into the object folder itself to where images have more room for more objects i would greatly appreciate it! I am also taking some classes on C++ now at my own pace, but I am just trying to be less needy for help and be able to ask more specific questions. 

If there is any hint of where Sausage left any of those resource patches or anything i would really love to get a hold of them, or if there is a cache of resources that i can download or browse through please let me know. I just want to do it right the first time and not take any shortcuts that will damage what i am attempting to at least try for myself and others. Again i really appreciate the responses if you can message me some links or post them here to where i can take advantage of specific resources that would be helpful i would greatly appreciate it!

---
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205069 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

In theory, you should be able to populate your full list of objects. It would be important to know how many of your objects are there vs the whole you have added. Any information about what you have would be helpful.

3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205070 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

I deleted every file except the beginning one and went from 101 to around 1200 something. All of the added images are basic things like trees and rocks i have not even gotten to anything complex or out of the ordinary for the mapper. Right now i was in the process of adding chairs, but it wont upload anything in the mapper past the last images of rocks that i added. It is really frustrating because all i want it to have the mapper continue scrolling down with the images populating and i thought that doing the file from scratch would resolve any complications i have been meeting with older images already in the mapper itself; however, to no avail I am not getting any foothold on this. I hope this gives you a scope of the problem if you need any more specifics please let me know. 

EDIT: The most images that the mapper has held before having this problem beforehand was around 1600+, so i really wasn't anticipating for this error to occur with no images uploading in the mapper after a certain point until at least 400 more images haha, but that was also when the original objects were already loaded and i added on however many there were to get up to 1600+...

---
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205071 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

As much as I want to say it is an issue with EOMap, I think we should not rule out the integrity of the resource file you edited. When it varies from 1200+ capable up to 1600+ without a hard fix on the map editor, you are possibly running into an issue patching in the new graphics. I would not rule that out as a possibility. You should check frequently while adding resources to see if that is the case.

3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205072 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

I was saving and opening up the editor every 20 images to watch to see if any problems, usually a fault in the code trying to find an image which i have gotten used to correcting; or for this instance where the map program itself will no longer upload and add the images. I mean, I could send you the gfx file for the objects and you can look into its resource file and see that at 1212 or something you have the last rock, then 1213 there is a plain chair and the chair does not appear in the program itself. I thought that the mapper was supposed to hold much more with the last update it had like 2 years ago =<. Please Apollo, if there is anything you can suggest i would greatly appreciate it. 

At the moment, i am stuck with trying to build my game when i do not have access to all the images let alone the only objects i have are trees, lights and rocks essentially haha. In the meantime i am just organizing other things that i want to update, edit or add; however, I am frustrated because its not the server or like you said hard errors that are popping up, but a glitch in the program that stops the flow of image creation in the editor itself. 

I know that EoServ is fizzling in and out, but I really love the server, I enjoy the freedom and control of making a world that is able to be updated and improved upon, but i just want if anything to just be able to add the objects that i want to appear within the world. 

Please if there is any knowledge that you or any of the other admins if you still have contact with any of them can share i would be overjoyed! 

Thanks again :)

---
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205076 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

Hi Tensuki,

Here is a 0.3.1b mapper that Sausage patched for larger graphics sets.

Here is an EGF patcher that I threw together earlier this year. Should make your life easier since you seem to be working with a lot of graphics.

Let me know if you have any questions.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205077 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

CIRRAS!!!! I do not know what that patcher did exactly BUT THE CHAIR SHOWED UP!!!! <3 I am going to continue onward from here, but I cannot describe just how amazing it was to scroll down and see the resource that i already added! I cannot wait to see if this continues to work out well for me from here on! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!!

---
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205078 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?
Tensuki posted: (22nd Aug 2020, 05:11 am)

CIRRAS!!!! I do not know what that patcher did exactly BUT THE CHAIR SHOWED UP!!!! <3 I am going to continue onward from here, but I cannot describe just how amazing it was to scroll down and see the resource that i already added! I cannot wait to see if this continues to work out well for me from here on! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!!

Glad that worked for you.

The EGF patcher is just way of batch-adding resources to an EGF file starting from some GFX ID. It's a really simple program but it's a nice QOL thing.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #205079 Re: Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?

Well either way it was a very appreciated download as well as the map editor that was designed for more images. I am so thankful and I hope to be doing some major things as the time go on! 

AND I JUST HAVE TO SAY IN ALL CAPS THAT YOUR PATCH EDITOR IS AMAZING AND IT IS A GODSEND AND A BLESSING AND I AM SO GRATEFUL AND LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ADDITION TO MY TOOLBOX!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

---
the light."
~Tensuki
3 years, 35 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Is it possible to make an Objects 2 button on Eomapper?