EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Main Menu Background [Need CC]
Page: << 1 >>
Main Menu Background [Need CC]
Post #204972 Main Menu Background [Need CC]

Hello everyone, I'm back at it again with UI's and such but right now I'm trying to do pixel art based stuff. it might not be the prettiest in the world but I am continuing to learn more about Pixel art so I made this bg for the main menu.

Let me know your thoughts 

Note: I added those Eyes cuz idk what to add on the background.

4 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204973 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

The colors are a little too few here. This actually reminds me a bit of old Commodore 64 games that looked a bit off from their console/arcade counterparts. With the title of Kingdom of Ascension I would think you would want a backdrop that looks like that of a kingdom, or various venues within a kingdom. The eyes on the plain background just doesn't draw me further in. If you are set on the eyes being a part of the background, I would suggest having some sort of kingdom landscape at the bottom and put the eyes up in the clouds above. If you were to look at an artistic drawing like this it would tell the story that there is a peaceful kingdom with some evil being plotting something terrible. Basically it needs a lot more cowbell.

4 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204974 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]
Apollo posted: (30th Jan 2020, 07:52 pm)

The colors are a little too few here. This actually reminds me a bit of old Commodore 64 games that looked a bit off from their console/arcade counterparts. With the title of Kingdom of Ascension I would think you would want a backdrop that looks like that of a kingdom, or various venues within a kingdom. The eyes on the plain background just doesn't draw me further in. If you are set on the eyes being a part of the background, I would suggest having some sort of kingdom landscape at the bottom and put the eyes up in the clouds above. If you were to look at an artistic drawing like this it would tell the story that there is a peaceful kingdom with some evil being plotting something terrible. Basically it needs a lot more cowbell.

Thanks Apollo :) I will continue to work on it, especially the background.
4 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #204976 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

I think the text looks fine for the most part. A tad bit harder to read in a few spots on the bottom but probably 99% of us already know what it is supposed to say. Kind of agree with mostly what apollo said though.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
4 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #204978 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

Here's an update to the UI. I haven't made the background yet but its ongoing :)

Note: the color is like that because I aim to have it as minimal as possible when it comes to colors.

4 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #204979 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

Really cool looking! I think the letters are a little hard to read, though. 

---
Life is like a box of chocolates. A complete waste of money.
4 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #204980 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

Here's an update from Last time, this time I added a background image but its subtle. 

Edit: I also made another one that looks kinda modern.

4 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #204981 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]
wesly posted: (6th Feb 2020, 01:17 pm)

Here's an update from Last time, this time I added a background image but its subtle. 

Edit: I also made another one that looks kinda modern.

Looks sick!
4 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #204982 Re: Main Menu Background [Need CC]

Lots of updates to the UI. I went further down to make the GUI, some of it is not yet edited but im getting there.

Unfinished:

Edit: Almost Finished UI

4 years, 11 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Main Menu Background [Need CC]