EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Need a little help.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Need a little help.
Post #205107 Re: Need a little help.
elisecoen posted: (7th Sep 2020, 01:25 pm)

A database 'dump', often with a .sql extension, has just al the data from the database.

The PHP files are the source code files (often with the .php extension) that are part of the website, not the database, just like .html files.

So what you've got there is just the raw data of the database, the website itself is not in that file. That's like having a drawing of your house and you need information about the neighborhood.

*Edit in response to your update:

The sql file is just the database, I don't know how that site worked, perhaps they messed it up. It's kind of hard to try to backup a whole website, so perhaps they meant something else.

Nice try bot. You're about to get spam cleaned.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
3 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #205108 Re: Need a little help.
Hacker_Alex posted: (25th Sep 2020, 09:15 pm)

elisecoen posted: (7th Sep 2020, 01:25 pm)

A database 'dump', often with a .sql extension, has just al the data from the database.

The PHP files are the source code files (often with the .php extension) that are part of the website, not the database, just like .html files.

So what you've got there is just the raw data of the database, the website itself is not in that file. That's like having a drawing of your house and you need information about the neighborhood.

*Edit in response to your update:

The sql file is just the database, I don't know how that site worked, perhaps they messed it up. It's kind of hard to try to backup a whole website, so perhaps they meant something else.

Nice try bot. You're about to get spam cleaned.

Funny, I didn't notice that post, but when you just posted this, for some reason (i don't know why) I did a google search on 'elisecoen' and found

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344952-no-sleep-at-all/?tab=comments#comment-2738023

Like here, 1 post only.

To be fair, if it's a bot, I'd say they are becoming pretty sophisticated if they can answer somewhat rationally according to the subject.

There are some other posts by an 'elisecoen' other places on website with similar traits, but where the user also posted more than just 1 posts, even dating years back. Could be a coincidence, but could also be that this person is not a bot. Likely it is a bot, but there might also be a chance it's not a bot.

3 years, 30 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Need a little help.