EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Need a little help.
Page: << 1 2 >>
Need a little help.
Post #204927 Need a little help.

What's up guys, I need a little help with this issue i'm having with my WebCP.

I recently picked up Linux, (Slowly learning new stuff with it, and enjoying.)

Trying to setup a webcp with my server. Using SQLite, has a issue pointing towards the database.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to throw me a few pointers on how to get a "database.sdb" file to point to the webcp "config.php" file.

It would mean a lot, thanks in advance.

---
Wtf
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204928 Re: Need a little help.

You need to make sure to use forward slashes if you are using Linux. Ex. C:/my/directory/SQLite.db

4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204930 Re: Need a little help.

Still getting the same issue, getting an error like: Database connection failed. (SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file)

---
Wtf
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204931 Re: Need a little help.

Make sure SQLite is supported and configured properly for your version of PHP. Newer versions may need to have SQLite enabled or download and point to the proper library for it. SQLite is not recommended for live EOSERV servers. You should install MYSQL and use the MariaDB build of EOSERV for optimal results.

4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204932 Re: Need a little help.

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm using Callum's Rev, and it only supports SQLite, not MySQL. I've been asking him for awhile to convert it to allow MySQL, but he's never got the time to try it.

But i'll look into it, Thanks Apollo. I'll keep ya updated if i fix it.

---
Wtf
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204933 Re: Need a little help.

Well that is pretty much a garbage excuse. He only needs to include the MariaDB library file and click the Maria + SQLite build. It is no harder to include that than SQLite. You should find a different build or use the official one.

Edit: Consulting Blo as he is a bit more experienced with Linux, check permissions for the directory the database file is in as well. Let us know what you figure out.

4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204937 Re: Need a little help.
Robby posted: (29th Nov 2019, 08:20 pm)

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm using Callum's Rev, and it only supports SQLite, not MySQL. I've been asking him for awhile to convert it to allow MySQL, but he's never got the time to try it.

But i'll look into it, Thanks Apollo. I'll keep ya updated if i fix it.

That's not a surprise really. I asked Callum several weeks ago if he could release a basic revision with some hacks in it, and he said he was on it several times and that he would release it several times, but he kept postponing the date and now I haven't heard from him.
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204940 Re: Need a little help.

And does Callum owe anything to you guys?
Im thankful he did anything at all, which is more than most of us has ever done.

People just want to come here and have it all spoon fed. 
I worked for 100 hours on my server with almost 0 help, until Callum.

So yeah, thanks my dude, and I still have your last REV the clean one everyone wants.

4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204942 Re: Need a little help.
sequeira123 posted: (3rd Dec 2019, 09:59 pm)

And does Callum owe anything to you guys?
Im thankful he did anything at all, which is more than most of us has ever done.

People just want to come here and have it all spoon fed. 
I worked for 100 hours on my server with almost 0 help, until Callum.

So yeah, thanks my dude, and I still have your last REV the clean one everyone wants.

I have nothing against callum, he's got a great REV and everything, nice guy to get along with, i understand he's busy and can't do any small similar updates on it, i talk to him every few days when he's not so busy, but usually he goes afk and off the map for a few days to catch up on irl work.

I respect his REV, and respect everything he does for EOSERV. I don't mind if he doesn't have time to do some small updates, I'm just currently having trouble pointing my webcp to my "database.sdb" file inside my server folder. 

I managed to get rid of the Error i recently replied to Apollo with, but now i get another problem by it saying.

"Database connection failed. (could not find driver)"

I can't seem to get it figured out, and it's bothering me. haha

But yeah, again i got nothing wrong with Callum nor his REV, his work is great, and smooth.

---
Wtf
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204944 Re: Need a little help.

Maybe if you weren't such a little cunt id help you with that.

4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204945 Re: Need a little help.
sequeira123 posted: (4th Dec 2019, 09:41 pm)

How exactly am i cunt? please describe it, i stated i asked callum to convert to MySQL once, and he hasn't done it. and i ACCEPT that, i don't mind using SQLite, just having trouble with the webcp, that's all.
---
Wtf
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204946 Re: Need a little help.

I don't think that is very constructive to someone looking for help and genuinely putting forth effort trying to problem solve. Callum a lot of good things but like everyone has some hiccups. I don't like core features disabled in releases because the person compiling it has their own opinion of how things should work, in this case MySQL. I have given Callum some very tough love recently on the matter and hopefully he gets people using his build a flexible revision. It is silly to put so much line code work into a revision and then not set a build target to SQLITE + MARIADB considering SQLITE is not optimized for live servers. 
4 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204948 Re: Need a little help.

With a comment like that I wouldn't want your help for shit.
4 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #204949 Re: Need a little help.

Think I’m a little late here but I’ve sent something new to robby and am currently working on something less hacky than the past couple.. As long as the Rev isn’t coded massively around robbys server I’ll post it with code, or maybe a stripped down version so you can do whatever with it.

Also if there isn’t an updated marriage system posted in the next few days I’ll post my latest one I’ve been using that I haven’t had any issues with but will need testing

4 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #205096 Re: Need a little help.

A database 'dump', often with a .sql extension, has just al the data from the database.

The PHP files are the source code files (often with the .php extension) that are part of the website, not the database, just like .html files.

So what you've got there is just the raw data of the database, the website itself is not in that file. That's like having a drawing of your house and you need information about the neighborhood.

*Edit in response to your update:

The sql file is just the database, I don't know how that site worked, perhaps they messed it up. It's kind of hard to try to backup a whole website, so perhaps they meant something else.

3 years, 29 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Need a little help.