EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)
Page: << 1 >>
Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)
Post #204868 Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

Recently I have been remembering Endless Online. It was one of the very first MORPG's I remember playing as a kid(Between 2001 - 2007ish).
To my disappointment I've noticed it has been down, and ultimately found myself here in hopes of private servers keeping its legacy alive.
It's also an added bonus that I see you guys have an entire community surrounded around creating private servers!
I plan on sticking around for a while as I dig through these tools as well as play around on the main pServer.
I apologize if this isn't the proper place, but I didn't see much of anywhere else appropriate for me to create this thread..
I really appreciate the people responsible for keeping this game alive in some way, it really brings back a lot of nostalgia.
I also like to create pixel graphics, maps, stories, etc,. I also come from an RPG Maker upbringing lol...
I'll leave it at that. This may give me inspiration to do something custom eventually should I be able to use these tools properly.

4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204869 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

I'll be the first to poke my head out of the woodwork here,

First of all welcome back, it's great to see old players coming back into something that brings them great nostalgia and fine memories! Since you're just returning I figure I'll go ahead and let you know that the game itself is pretty much gone. Private servers aren't really a thing anymore, the only thing this forum is used for at this stage is essentially additions to projects for fun, or to test one's programming knowledge, as the most lively of posts are in regards to software manipulation. 

You're obviously free to craft and create with the tools that are provided for server manipulation or otherwise, but I wouldn't delve too much into it with the idea of re-sparking some sort of revolution for the game.

Nearly every avenue of revival has been tested or explored and all of them have either failed or been given up on. Basically, if you ever work the already difficult code, or are unique enough in some way with creating a server or project, it's probably better that - that devotion and creativity be brought into light in the form of a new game, or project outside of the EO community, so as to give it better grounds to stand on. 

All this aside, welcome back to the community, if you have any questions about sever details or map making (My favorite thing to do) you can shoot me a PM and i'll lend whatever help I can, and I'm sure some bored folks around here wouldn't mind lending a hand in some code specifics, i.e quest writing.

Cheers and good luck!

4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204870 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

Nonsense. Admittedly we don't have anywhere near the player base of the original EO at it's peek but we do have a small collection of dedicated (read: addicted) players that are, on the whole, pretty helpful and friendly. 20 actual people can be as much fun as 50 actual people + 1.5k bots/afk's/randoms. =P

The most popular private servers being: EOClone, Bones Underground and Fallen Evolution. Pick your own poison. =D

EDIT:

Oh I guess I should link the client.

Here is a pre-configured client with a minimal set of quality of life Addons that will also resolve some Win10 incompatibility issues.

Here and Here is the original client with EOChat (IRC) removed as it falsely triggers some anti-virus software.

Some private servers may require their own customised client. Check SLN or their official website for more details. Disclaimer: The risk of using 3rd party modified clients is on you. We don't support or condone the actions of other private servers.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204871 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

So how do I actually play the game? How do I DL the new client? Also is it still possible to recover my old account? I don't remember the username for the account, but I saw the character name on the list and I think I know the password. I don't think I even had an email back when I played the OG EO but, I have a guess for what that might be as well. Is it possible to play my old character?

Thanks in advance if someone answers!

4 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204872 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)
Sordie posted: (24th Jul 2019, 09:28 am)

Oh I guess I should link the client.

Here is a pre-configured client...

Here and Here is the original client...

I linked like 3 clients. (See above) The first one would be the best option for you.

If you cannot remember your username then you would be better off creating a new account. Don't worry too much. Exp rates are double what they where so catching up is much easier. Also, on the whole, this community is pretty friendly and helps new/returning players out.

Welcome back.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
4 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204875 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

<3

---
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein
4 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #204893 Re: Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)

Its super cool just to see this is still alive. I'll probably give it a try soon, I love that this has been maintained.

4 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Hello everyone! (Sorry if this is the wrong place...)