EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client admin command flood
Page: << 1 >>
Client admin command flood
Post #204860 Client admin command flood

The client is putting a delay on admins < 4 using commands.. is this an actual thing or is something I'm using messing with my client?

edit: Doesn't it also only allow certain admin ranks to see other hidden admins and use #nowall? Is there any point to all this? I never played when the admins were active but surely they could jail/ban quicker than 1 per 10s?

4 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204861 Re: Client admin command flood

The flood rates seem to be tied to some bytes at the end of the welcome packet, but if you want to avoid that entirely just fudge the admin rank to 4 in the welcome packet. Keep in mind that if you do this for players as well chat flood limits will be ignored also. 

4 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #204862 Re: Client admin command flood

Didn't know there was a delay for this. :o Vult-r must of got tired of Arvid spamming commands. I blame Arvid..

Admin Command Flood
004187FF 7E 02  (Change JLE to JMP) = EB 02

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204863 Re: Client admin command flood

No need to hex edit that as I just checked the SVN Welcome.cpp. Lines 197-199 have been set to 0 to allow wide open command flooding. Change those in your source and you should be set. Do make sure you compare your source to the SVN just in case there is a line number difference.

4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204864 Re: Client admin command flood

Wasn't asking where to fix this I was just querying why it was there in the first place and any other side affects off it..

4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204865 Re: Client admin command flood

Aside from the flood controls in the welcome packet, the admin rank controls all other admin perks. #nowall and admin chat are activated when welcome sends admin rank 2 to the client, and by default HGM can see hidden admin of a lesser rank. If you do not wish these effects to activate you can circumvent them server side, however some cosmetic features like the nowall sound effect and the admin channel indicators may show up client side, but as I said you can turn them off. Floods and admin rank activated tools are totally separate.

4 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #204866 Re: Client admin command flood

Ah.. Well now you and others know how to remove it, regardless. It's a silly restriction that should not be there.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
4 years, 40 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Client admin command flood